Long Time, No See

Začít od začátku

"Three, go stand in the other one."

"You remember this game, don't you Josephine?" Vecna says.

"My name is Danielle!" I shout back at Vecna.

"The objective of this game is to use your abilities and push the other out of their circle. The two of you must be blindfolded." Brenner's voice powers over my own. "Peter." He calls over to One.

Peter moves out from beside Brenner and walks over to Three, covering his eyes with a white blindfold. When he's done, he walks over to my younger self, putting the other white blind fold on her. 

One moves to stand next to Brenner, walking directly past me, making eye contact, causing me to gasp.

"Begin." Brenner says.

Immediately, my four-year-old self begins to wobble, but she quickly regains her balance, steading herself.

"You found this game to be very easy." Vecna says. 

Three falls to the ground with a thud, landing out side of his circle. My younger self takes her blindfold off the sane time 003 does and both of them look at Brenner.

He ignores 003 and smiles at me. "Congratulations to our very first winner, Two."

She smiles proudly at her Papa and then looks at One with the same smile. 

"Peter." Brenner states looking over at him. "How would you like to try?"

"What?" Peter asks shockingly.

"Yes! Go on! You against Two!"

"But, she's just a child-"

Brenner leans over to Peter and whispers in his ear, "There will be consequences."

One and Three switch places and One picks the blind fold up off of the floor. Before putting it on he looks across at my younger self and says a quiet "Sorry." to her.

Confused, she looks at Brenner, who walks over and says, "Just remember everything that you've practiced Two. You'll be alright."

"But Papa, he's stronger than me."

Brenner simply ignores what she says and puts the blindfold on her. He walks back next to me and holds Three's hand.

"Begin."

I close my eyes, not being able to watch any longer.

"Open your eyes, Josephine." Vecna's deep voice rumbles. 

"Mm-mm." I say as I shake my head, squeezing my eyes shut tighter.

"Open them!" Vecna says loudly and my eyes shoot open.

Vecna now stands in front of me and I let out a frightened gasp. 

"Have you not figured it out, yet?" He says across from me as he turns his hands palm side up. "Does this not feel familiar to you?"

I realize that he's gesturing to us and where we're standing. Instead of my younger self, I now stand in the circle. 

And instead of One, instead of Peter. Vecna stands in the circle across from me. 

It's him. Vecna is Peter. Vecna is One.

"Yes." Vecna says as I take it all in. "You and your friends have been looking for me." He says and the walls begin to crack, a red glow shining between them.  

The walls of the lab crumble down entirely, now revealing Vecna's lair. "You came here with Maxine. I've been meaning to check back in, but I've been busy."  He says, looking past me and I follow his gaze.