Chapter 119: Punishment (4)

Start from the beginning

I sighed as I looked at the three people lying down and not planning to get up. It seemed better to stand them up than leave them like this.

"First of all, all three of you should get up. I can understand Rain, but the other two don't need to act like this. It's a bit surprising."

"I wanted to convey my true feelings to you."

Arwen replied as she stood up with a gloomy expression. I noticed her knees were dirty from lying on the ground, and her dress, which was close to white, had more noticeable stains.

As she got up, Rain and Siris also stood up one after the other. Rain was crying and sobbing, while Cyrus was expressionless but had a somewhat sad look in her eyes.

I looked at the three people waiting for my answer while rubbing the back of my neck and glanced at the adjacent Cecily. She had a watchful expression, trying to stick to the perspective of a third party.

It seemed that she wanted to leave the final decision to me. Then it would be better to resolve it as quickly as possible.

So I brought up the fact that I knew to the three people in front of me.

"I heard from Cecily earlier. The Dark Elves themselves decided on Rain's sentence. She will be in prison for 500 years."

"That's right."

"500 years... that's certainly not a short period of time for an elf, right? After all, that's half a lifetime spent in prison."

Even mountains change in 10 years, and the world changes so much in 500 years that even words fall short to describe it. The reason why people who have been imprisoned for a long time cannot adapt to society even after their release is because of the vastly changed world and society.

Therefore, even if Rain is released from prison after 500 years, there is a high possibility that she will not be able to adapt at all. It's too cruel of a fate for a young child who is just forming her personality.

However, stealing the manuscript was clearly wrong, and she even invaded my mansion. No matter how immature the child may be, these are unforgivable acts.

'But putting her in prison for the rest of her life is also a problem...'

It should be okay for the next 500 years. If I enjoy a long life and die, I can leave the future to Cecily.

However, this alone cannot be a fundamental solution. It is a gamble what kind of monster will be born when she comes out of prison 500 years later.

In the worst case, she might even harm my descendants while avoiding Cecily's eyes. While in prison, she will harbor all sorts of negative emotions, so it is not an impossible story.

So, we need to come up with a punishment for Rain that is not excessive but reasonable enough for everyone to understand.

Oh, of course, the same goes for Arwen and Siris. They are in a position where they need to take responsibility rather than face direct punishment, so it is embarrassing to call it punishment.

After organizing my thoughts as much as possible, I suddenly had a good idea and looked at Cecily, and she tilted her head.

"Noona."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"You said you could do anything for me, right?"

"That's right. But why do you ask? Is it related to these people?"

As expected, she caught on quickly. Instead of answering, I gave her an ambiguous smile.

Cecily looked at my smile and couldn't hold back, speaking quietly.