Chapter 6: Intruders

Zacznij od początku

One particular thing that was stuck in Tony's mind was that the map of the base locations had disappeared. Tony had no clue when they lost it, but it must've been when they were traveling to the base they are staying at now.

It was bad, but Tony didn't that he shouldn't waste his energy on something that couldn't be fixed now. But the other thing on his mind was the mission in general. Someone tried to kill them, but who? Was it the guy they were trying to stop? But how would he have known that the Spy Racers were on their way to the Artic.

Tony sighed as he looked around the room at his friends. Cisco was snoring loud as Frostee slept soundly against him, and Echo and Shashi were sleeping together; Shashi's head sitting on top of Echo's.

Several minutes passed before someone finally stirred from their sleep. Shashi groaned as he opened his eyes and lifted his head off Echo's. He looked around for a moment before he noticed that Tony was staring in his direction, awake.

"Hey, Toretto. How long have you been awake?"

"Pretty much all night."

"Why? How come?"

"Couldn't sleep. Too cold."

Tony responded as he felt another chilling wind hit him. Shashi gave him a quick look of sympathy before looking down at Echo.

"Hey, I was thinking. Maybe we should stay here for the day. Replenish our energy and morale. And maybe you can get some sleep as well."

Shashi suggested as he shifted his position. Tony thought about it for a moment, going through the pros and cons of the idea before he finally came to a conclusion.

"Alright. I don't see why not."

"Good."

Silence soon fell between Tony and Shashi, besides Cisco's snoring. They didn't really know what to say to each other. They had been stuck in a rough patch for a long time, but Tony didn't really care. He didn't like Shashi and preferred it to be that way.

"Hey, uh... One more thing, Toretto."

"What?"

"About what I said about you and Layla-"

Shashi stopped short when he noticed Tony's death glare, but moved his focus to Layla who was still sleeping against Tony.

"Despite all of the crap I said, I really do think you and Layla belong together."

"Don't try to put us together. We're partners, not lovers."

"And yet you two act like you're dating."

Tony shot Shashi another warning glare; this time, he was serious about hurting Shashi if he kept going on.

"I know dating is a sore spot for you, Toretto. But if you don't hurry, someone is going to come and take her from you."

Tony's internal fear spiked when Shashi mentioned someone taking Layla away from him. But he pushed that fear aside as he glared Shashi down.

"And I'm telling you, back off. My love life is none of your business."

Tony spat, making Shashi bite back whatever he was about to say. Redirecting his focus, Tony looked down at Layla. He had the sudden urge stroke her back, but he kept his impulses to himself as he leaned his head back and sighed, closing his eyes.

About half an hour later, the rest of the crew woke up, minus Layla, and were walking around the base, trying to get themselves situated for the day, or whatever time of day it was.

Tony remained seating with Layla still against him. He didn't want to wake her up given that she had the same amount of stress he had as well. She was just better at not showing it than he was.