16• Napalm skies

Começar do início

"I love you too dear, I do" Farah whispered and sighed at the end of the sentence. She loved seeing her little flower blossom and that happens only if she is happy, so the least she could do was help her get through everything. Besides, Nahla needed not only happiness but concentration too, her final examination was just few weeks ahead.

"You should go" Farah said again after a while of silence and Nahla nodded. "Bye Ummie" She voiced and waved before walking out of the room to the parking lot.

There, she found Aalim waiting for her in the car.

"Good morning" Nahla greeted. He had to turn and look at her in surprise because she hadn't talk to him since the day of the incident. She would always just sit in the car and stare at nothing, no words uttered.

"Good morning to you too" Aalim greeted back. "You'll have to wait at the hospital today cause we're coming right back home" Nahla smiled. "Sure!I see it's a good day today" Aalim commented.

"Yes! It is a very good day today"

~°°~

Nahla walked through the corridors of the hospital, for the first time ever coming in with a smile. She always didn't find pleasure in hospitals but for a reason that day, her pleasure was beyond imagining.

She walked into the room and scanned the environment but didn't spot Zaeem so she decided to knock on the bathroom door to check if he was there but he wasn't. She then decided to look outside for him.

Nahla walked around for a while before she spotted a figure she recognized on the balcony of the hospital floor. She moved closer and said her taslim after being sure he was the one.

Zaeem was standing with his crutches clutched in his hands, staring at the beautiful view from the balcony. The hospital did chose a very nice location because just the view itself made him calm. He remained quiet until he heard a voice say the taslim, a voice his whole figure recognized.

"The view is beautiful" Nahla sighed enjoying the same thing he did for a while. "It is and you certainly look happier today" Zaeem voiced with a tight lip smile making her to instantly turn to look at him.

"How could you tell?" Nahla asked. "How could I not tell?" Zaeem asked back. "Well considering the fact that my face is covered, I'm pretty sure you can't see my expressions" Nahla replied. "Hmm" Zaeem exclaimed before turning to look elsewhere.

"Now my question" Nahla said when she saw he had no intention to reply it. "There are certain gestures your eyes do to tell your expressions and today, your voice pretty much helped to know your mood. You sounded happy" Zaeem shrugged.

"We met like three days back" Nahla pointed out. "Yeah?" Zaeem asked. "This doesn't make any sense actually, you couldn't have known my eyes gestures in such a short time" Nahla replied. "You know what, just let it be. Tell me, how do you feel today?" Nahla added.

"Relieved" Zaeem replied. "Emotionally I agree, I mean physically. Do you feel pain anywhere?" Nahla asked rephrasing her question.

"Not anything I haven't felt before" Zaeem shrugged again. That made Nahla to turn to look at him. "What's with the look?" Zaeem asked. "I guess you have always been nonchalant about everything"

"Where will I be staying?" Zaeem decided to ask instead, he didn't want to remember not remembering anything about himself even though it was all he did. "My home" Nahla replied and smiled after reminiscing her conversation with her mother.