"Yep, heard the music" I said to him as I laughed as well.

Trevante

"See you know a nigga" He said as he got to the door. "How you doing?" He asked me, as he gave me a hug.

"I'm coo, I'm coo. Baby girl is ready, I just got her dressed." I said to him.

"Alright sounds good" Trevante said.

"Sienna isn't there is she? I just don't feel comfortable with her around Ivory." I said.

"Nah, she knows I have Ivory for the next few days so we won't be able to see each other. I got you." Trevante said.

"Alright, thank you." I said.

Sienna is his girlfriend, that's he's been with for a few months but that girl is weird. We didn't get along off the rip. I tried to be nice but she be doing too much.

And if a bitch don't like me, I damn sure won't have my child around them.

"Ivory, daddy's here!" I said loud enough for her to hear.

"Okay!" She said as I heard her getting off the bed and I laughed a little.

"How's things going with your salon?" He asked me.

"It's going great, finna get my own edge control and shit like that made. It's gonna be dope" I said.

I am a hairstylist, for anyone. Regular people or celebrities. I own my own salon and have owned it for a year now. It's a hair salon and nail salon.

"I'm proud of you. I saw that clip of you doing Megan Thee stallion's hair. I was like shitttt aight then" He said and I laughed.

"Thank you! How's it working on the set of the Billie Holiday movie?" I asked.

He's been acting since I met him, gotta say I'm proud of where he's at.

"It's actually going great, we gone pick back up next week. We got a week off just to take a breather so" He said.

"Sounds good, sounds good" I said walking to the kitchen. And he followed me.

"You look nice, I like the new hair color." He said.

"Thank you, hooked it up like it ain't no thang yesterday" I said and he laughed. "You always do" He said.

"Water?" I offered handing him a bottle and he took it saying "Thank ya, thank ya"

"No problem" I replied as I grabbed a water for myself as well.

Ivory ran into the kitchen with her bag and Trevante smiled saying "Baby girl" as he picked her up.

"Hi daddy" She said and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You good?" He asked her with a smile. I smiled at their interactions.

Love seeing a dad in father mode!

"Yeah, can we get ice cream?" Ivory asked.

"Of course, but we gone eat dinner first before that" He said.

"That's right" I said.

"Okay" Ivory said.

"Give mommy a kiss?" I said poking my lips out.

Ivory leaned from her dad's arms and gave me a kiss saying "I love you mommy"

"I love you more my loveeee" I said.

"Can daddy get a kiss too?" Trevante said poking his lips towards me and I made a face.

"You might wanna clear that with Sienna" I said and he laughed.

"Look, I need y'all to get along. I'm inviting you to my dinner for my birthday next weekend. I would like you to be there" Trevante said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Because you're the mother of my child and we have a good friendship I believe" He said and I laughed saying "Yeah we do"

"And of course Sienna's gonna be there so I would like there to be some type of peace" Trevante said.

"I know how to keep it cute, don't worry. Long as she stays in her lane I'm good" I said shrugging.

"My mom and my sister will be there as well and a few friends so. It's just good vibes and energy" Trevante said.

"Sounds good to me. Me and Ivory will be there." I said.

Me and Trevante's family are very close, so that made me feel much better about going.

"Aight, thank you. I'll bring Ivory back on Monday" Trevante said.

"Alright see you then. And be good Ivory!" I said and she nodded her head saying "I will, bye mommy"

"Bye baby" I said back.

-

Trevante POV

As I strapped Ivory in her car seat, my phone started ringing and I seen it was Sienna.

Me and Sienna been dating almost 8 months now.

I answered the phone and shut Ivory's side of the door saying "Hello"

"So how long am I gonna have to be without you?" Sienna asked.

"Till Monday" I said. I stayed outside because I had a feeling she was gonna talk about Janet and I don't want Ivory to

"That bitch is weird like. Me and you are together and-"

"Before you finish, watch the bitch word. That's the mother of my child." I said.

"She's a fucking weirdo Trevante." She said.

"She ain't did nothing to you. I don't understand why y'all can't get along. But look, you need to tighten up Sienna. Because I invited her to my birthday dinner with Ivory" I said.

"And you didn't bother to ask me how I would feel about it?!" She rose her voice.

"No, because it's MY birthday dinner baby. Not yours, so chill out." I said.

"But-"

"Aye I gotta go, I'm spending time with my daughter. Just call or text me later, and I'll see you on Monday" I said.

She just hung up the phone and I shrugged getting in the car.

The shit is draining. She don't like Janet, Janet don't like her. Just wish they'd learn to get along for me at least.

Me and Janet didn't work out because she broke up with me when she found out I cheated. I begged for her back but she wasn't wit it. At all.

So I had to take it to the chin, and I met Sienna and now we're here. I keep telling Sienna that Janet's the one that left ME, and she don't want me. But Sienna is just difficult at times. She don't wanna listen. She'd rather just find time to argue with Janet.

So I don't be worry about whenever she throws the tantrums and hangs up in my face. She'll get over it. I'm with my daughter and that's all that matters to me right now.

-

☕️