Chapter 37: Three For One

Start from the beginning

The maids cried out in alarm and scrambled to their feet to stop the figure, "Impudent!"

Xie Qing ignored the maids and held Yaoying's arm to help her stand firm.

Yaoying's face was pale and seemed to be in a trance. Her legs were weak, and just after she got on the ground, her whole body fell downward.

Xie Qing hesitated for a moment, picked her up horizontally, and went out of the inner room.

Xu Biao and a group of guards in narrow-sleeved robes were already waiting outside the long corridor. The group followed Xie Qing and surrounded him, escorting Yaoying out of the residence and sending her into a carriage.

The wheels of the carriage rolled across the limestone brick floor.

Yaoying leaned against the carriage wall, her eyes clouded over.

The bright moon pearl tumbled out of her palm and fell onto the carriage with a thud.

Yaoying stared at the pearl blankly for a while, lost in thought.

It was as if Li Zhongqian's low laughter rang in her ears, carrying an unconcealed smugness: "Like it?"

"The luminous night pearl of the Fulin nation, also called the bright moon pearl. Elder brother immediately thought of my little seventh when I saw it."

"Little seventh, don't be afraid. Elder brother is here to pick you up."

Yaoying pursed her lips, leaned down and picked up the bright moon pearl, held it in her palm and held it tightly.

She could not collapse.

Without seeing Li Zhongqian's corpse with her own eyes, she didn't believe he was dead!

Yaoying raised her hand to brush away the tears at the corner of her eyes and lifted the carriage curtain: "Where are we going?"

Xie Qing rode beside the carriage and replied, "Princess, Qin wang has instructed that if anything happened to him, he would send you out of the city immediately."

Yaoying's eyes were burning. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, forcing herself to settle down.

"Who spread the news?"

Xie Qing replied, "Princess, the Ministry of War has also received the war report. At present, everyone knows that Qin wang was killed in an ambush. You must leave the city as soon as possible."

Yaoying shook her head, "No, I can't go."

Her lips trembled slightly. Not wanting to shed any more tears, she tilted her face up to look into the distance.

"The battle report may not be true, and elder brother may still be alive. Maybe he is only seriously injured.... I have to stay."

Xie Qing lowered his eyes and looked at Yaoying's face that was like a pearl radiating a faint cool luster under the sunset's glow.

"Princess, what if the information is true? You are just a girl with no power."

"Right. I'm just a girl from the boudoir. I can't wield a blade, I can't lift a sword, but I can't abandon my elder brother either."

Yaoying's eyes were lifted up, her expression calm, "If the information is false, I will find out the truth and wait for my elder brother to return to the capital. If he is only wounded or ambushed, I will find a way to persuade His Majesty to send troops to help. If.... if he really died in battle, I will personally go to the battlefield to collect elder brother's body and help bury his coffin."

In this life, she couldn't let Li Zhongqian become a corpse without a resting place again.

She wanted to bring him home.

Xie Qing was silent for a while and looked grave: "Princess, His Majesty values the Crown Prince, and there are many people in the capital who want to find a way to please the Eastern Palace. Since Princess Fukang regretted getting married and Chief Yelu asked for your hand in marriage, they have been trying to force you to marry instead. To get on the Eastern Palace's good side, they would use whatever means to achieve their goals. When Qin wang was still alive, no one dared to come to the door, but now that Qin wang is in danger, Xu Biao and the others cannot protect you."

When the nest is disturbed, no egg is left intact.

Li Zhongqian was ruthless, and those with ill intentions did not dare to attack Li Yaoying in fear of his retaliation. Now that they had no more scruples, Li Yaoying was in danger.

There was no need for Li Xuanzhen and Zhu Luyun to step in. There would be people who would run around for them.

It was impossible to guard against.

After all, Duke Pei could only protect her for a period of time.

Yaoying held the bright moon pearl: "Different situations call for different measures."

Xie Qing couldn't help but feel distressed at heart: "Princess, every situation you have mentioned, Qin wang has actually thought of them all. Qin wang said that as long as you haven't seen his corpse, you definitely wouldn't leave the capital."

Yaoying smiled, "In that case, why did you send me out of the city?"

Xie Qing pulled on the reins.

"Because Qin wang also said that nothing was as important as your safety. As long as something happened to him, no matter if he was dead or alive, Xu Biao and I only need to remember one thing and do one thing only."

He looked at Yaoying, "Make sure you are safe."