Chapter 93 - Everything comes full circle

Zacznij od początku

"Oh Lizzie, i'm sorry. I never even considered that, but you're right. Thinking about it, i would've never met you, and i wouldn't have had the chance to love you the way i do" she says, gently running her fingers through my hair and wiping away my tears.
I do the same for her, and we exchange shy smiles.
"I can't help but wonder why he never tried to find me" she says, her voice filled with sadness as she lowers her head.
"What did your mom tell you about him?" I ask, holding her hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.
"Well, she confirmed what Emma had already told me about their relationship. His name is Patrick, and Liz, you should've seen my mom's eyes light up when she talked about hi, i think she still carries a flame for him deep in her heart, but after i was born, they never saw or heard from each other again. They made a promise to each other to move away and never cause any conflicts within their families.
All my mom knows is that he lives in London, but other than that, he's like a ghost who passed through her life" she taps her fingers on the railing
"What do you think you're doing? I mean, do you want to meet him?" i ask, she hesitates to answer, and after a long sigh, she raises her head to look at me.
"Honestly? I don't know, Liz" she says, sounding unsure.
"Part of me would love to meet him, would wander all over London just to find him.
But on the other hand, I'm scared. I'm scared of his reaction, scared of finding a man i don't expect in front of me. I've created so many illusions about him that I'm afraid they'll be destroyed" she confesses, appearing defenseless and small in the face of this overwhelming situation.
"I understand. It's plausible to have this fear, honey" i reassure her
"But you know, i think he would be really happy to meet his daughter"
"You're too optimistic" she quips
"And you're too pessimistic" i playfully respond as i kiss the back of her head, making her giggle.
"I think i want to wait a little longer, you know, clarify my ideas about it" she explains, and i nod in understanding.
"Sure, take all the time you want. And if you decide to do it, i can come with you" i propose and she looks up at me, her eyes shining with hope.
"Are you serious?" she asks, and i wrap my arms around her hips.
"Yes, babe. I really mean it. I'm with you, always, and we will face this adventure together if you decide to do so" i whisper, kissing the tip of her nose this time.
"What a woman you are" she exclaims, kissing my lips and making me laugh like an idiot.
"We should start getting your things from the apartment, what do you think?" I suggest, and she smirks.
"What?" i ask, confused.
"You're really excited about me moving in with you, huh?" she teases me, and I playfully punch her in the chest.
"Come on, stop teasing me. I'm just happy you accepted" i explain to her, and she hugs me in response.
"Okay, miss patience, but we will also have to break the news to Cassie. She should be home now, you know she stayed with me these days, and she was very tired, so i told her to go and rest" she lets me know
"Uh okay I'm ready to die" i joke dramatically
"You shouldn't joke about it so much, Cas can be very dangerous" she says hugging my hips as we walk back into the building.
We go back to her mother's room to say goodbye but as we enter we see her busy rummaging through her bag
"Mom what are you doing?" Y/n asks as she walks over to her bed
"Wait, it must be here, i'm sure i kept it" she mumbles with her face in her bag
"What are you talking about? What are you looking fo-"'
"Here it is, look y/n i found it!" she exclaims satisfied, taking a polaroid out of her bag and handing it to y/n's.
I move closer to look at it too and i see the photo of a young man with a baby girl.

The polaroid:

"All these drugs have made me so careless that i forget Patrick and i actually saw each other one last time, just a few days after you were born

"All these drugs have made me so careless that i forget Patrick and i actually saw each other one last time, just a few days after you were born. I made a promise to him that i would introduce you to him, and guess what? We did, for you, for us. Man, you should have seen him. He held you so gently in his arms, playing with you and giving you the sweetest smile. But there was also this sadness in his eyes that still breaks my heart when i think about it. I'm really sorry that things turned out this way my little one, but one thing i know for sure is that he loves you, y/n. And i'm pretty damn sure he still loves you, if you two ever get the chance to meet again" tells her mom as her throat's all chokes up, and she trying her best to hold back the tears that are threatening to spill from her eyes.

Y/n doesn't say anything, just stays quiet, clutching that photo tight in her hands and staring at it.
I try to be there for her, not knowing what to say or do.
Her mom and I exchange glances, and then we hear her sigh.
"I need some time, mom" she says, sounding exhausted
"I need to clear my mind because all of this is just too much but i promise that i will find him. I want to get to know him. Not now, i don't know when, but i will" she says, her gaze fixed on the photo before looking up at her mother and rushing into her arms.
"Take all the time you need, my little one" her mother whispers, her voice filled with pride.
"You are so brave and strong to face all of this, and I am truly proud of you" she adds and i smile as i witness their intimate moment.
Shortly after, y/n returns to my side, holding my hand.
"Okay, uhm, do you mind if i come home now?
Emma will be here in a few minutes" y/n asks and her mother smiles warmly at her.
"Sure, darling. Go home and rest. You've already done enough for me, now is Lizzie who's needs you you two have some time to make up for" she replies thoughtfully.
"Oh, by the way" y/n adds smirking
"Lizzie just asked me to move in with her" she declares, giving me a knowing look, which i return. Her mother puts her hands to her mouth, widening her eyes in amazement.
"Oh my child, I'm so happy for you two! Come here and hug me!" she shouts happily and so we hug her, but she holds us very tight.
"Fuck mom, you're strong for being four years in a coma" Y/N teases.
"Y/N, watch your language" Amelia scolds.
"Sorry, mom" Y/N says, scratching her head sheepishly like a kid.
"I'm just happy for you two. You really deserve it" Amelia continues.
"Mom, we're not getting married" her daughter quips.
"But it's still an important step for you two, and i'm here to support you" replies the mother.
"Promise me that you will always fight for your love" she begs us, holding our hands in hers.
"Yes, mom, i promise" Y/N states, and i nod.
"I promise you, Amelia, i will take care of her" i tell her, and Amelia smiles at me.
"What you have - this relationship - is really special. Don't make the same mistake as me. Don't give up on life's obstacles" she says, tears moistening her eyes
"Promise?" we both reply in unison
"Oh God, now go, or you'll end up making me cry. Go, go! And have good sex-"
"Mom!" y/n shouts in embarrassment, as her mother gives me a playful wink, making me smile.
We bid our goodbyes and step out of the building, feeling a sense of relief wash over us.
Everything finally feels right.

....................................................................................

A/N:

Hi everyone,
I wanted to sincerely apologize for my prolonged absence over the past month.
It has been a challenging period for me, and i have been incredibly busy.
Every time i found a little moment to write, exhaustion and lack of motivation got the best of me, causing further delays.
I truly hope that this recent writing style hasn't become monotonous for you and i genuinely appreciate your patience, hoping that you still enjoy the story.
I promise to be more consistent in the sequel cause i know the importance of maintaining a steady flow of content.

With that being said, would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter
.I miss your opinions, so please feel free to share them here.
Thank you again for all your understanding and support.

See in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍