Chapter 546 - Conceding

Compared to the previous duels, Tang Wulin and Gu Yue secured a wholly different sort of victory for this two-on-two, down to the very fiber. Rather than winning by the skin of their teeth, they blasted through to victory.

At the beginning of the match, the Li twins had tried to play it safe, carefully sounding out their opponents’ strength. But in the end, they were blitzed. They hadn’t even had a chance to unleash their soul fusion skill before getting eliminated. Devastating to the core. 

The twins stared at Tang Wulin and Gu Yue, faces pale and eyes wide like saucers. This wasn’t just the product of their injuries, but the fear that Tang Wulin’s draconic roar had struck into their hearts. Their instincts were clear: any attempt to go against this monarch would prove futile. 

Clad in golden scales and surrounded by a pair of golden soul rings, Tang Wulin was a majestic knight of shining gold. Even without the use of his battle armor, he had annihilated a pair of soul masters with superior cultivation levels and five pieces of battle armor each. While twins couldn’t accept that they lost despite having so many advantages, subconsciously they had long since given up. 

Tang Wulin’s scales quietly withdrew into himself and he returned to his normal form. Basking in the cheers of the first and second grades, he showed no signs of leaving the stage. Up next, the team battle. 

Tang Wulin and Gu Yue had decided on such domineering tactics for this match in order to set the tone for the team battle. They wanted to fire up their teammates and instill fear into the hearts of their opponents, whom they had been certain would also participate in the team battles. 

From the first and second grade teams’ waiting area, Yuanen Yehui, Yue Zhengyu, Xu Xiaoyan, Xie Xie, and Xu Lizhi ascended the stage one by one. They convened at Tang Wulin and Gu Yue’s sides, putting up a united front. 

Since Ye Xinglan was unfit for battle, Xu Lizhi had been chosen to take her place. Face sullen, he handed Tang Wulin a bunch of recovery buns.

All seven of them stood there in solidarity. An immense wave of pressure filled the arena. 

Faced with these mighty juniors of theirs, the third grade team sat frozen in silence. Moments later, Li Qiankun alone rose from his seat and made for the stage. Before he reached it, Song Lin raised a hand. “Please wait a moment.” 

Li Qiankun turned back and looked at her in confusion. 

Song Ling screwed her eyes shut and let out a long sigh. When she opened them again, they were filled with resolution. She walked onto the stage. “Excuse me, Elder Cai.” Her voice rang low but steady. “We’re withdrawing from the team battle. We concede.”

The entire arena went silent, the only sounds heard being the whirring of the gears within everyone’s brains as they processed what they had heard. They’re conceding? The third grade is surrendering? No way. They still have a one-word battle armor master! The strongest of the third grade, Li Qiankun, hasn’t even gone up yet! How could they give up? 

“Teacher Song, why?” Li Qiankun exclaimed. 

Song Lin turned back to face him, then cracked a bitter smile. She shook her head. “Look at your teammates. See what state they’re in. We don’t have any chance in the team battle like this.” 

Li Qiankun gaped. After shaking himself out of his stupor, he finally directed his gaze at his teammates.

And he then understood how true his teacher’s words were.