Prologue

A baby crying, the rocking of a boat, thunder, rain, lightning. Waves rock the boat with powerful shoved. "Mizuki! Hold Yuki." A woman's voice calls out, barely audible over the storm. A man was also shouting. There was a bright flash, breaking apart the darkness, burning, and then cold. Cold nothingness.

        Sunlight shines onto a woman's face, forcing her to wake from her deep slumber. She turns onto her other side, facing her back towards the window, but the light followed. This only meant one thing. "Why do you always use that thing to wake me up" Opening her one good eye, she saw bright light shining directly at her. Yuki had a mischievous grin on her face as she held a flashlight. "Its Saturday, that means you make pancakes." She sighed and pushed the fifteen year old over and started tickling her sides. "You will have to beat me first." Yuk squeals mercy so she released her. "Get dressed Yuki, and do your homework!" 

   She probably didn't here since the head of short hair disappeared around the corner already. Mizuki chuckles and gets out of bed. Opening her draws, she grabs some blue jeans and a purple shirt with elbow length sleeves. Walking to her bedroom's bathroom to clean up.

   ___________________________________________________________________________

   "Yuki, I have to run to the store, I'll be back in a hour or two. And do your homework alright?" She looked at her younger sister and sighed, the girl had her headphones in. Oh well maybe later.

     When Mizuki got in the car, she made the hair on the left of her face untuck from the ear. Most people in this town new of her scar but she also knew that it can disturb others. So whenever she is in public, she would cover it the best she could. As she drove, she looked at the churning ocean. The radio was announcing that a hurricane was on the way. That was her reason for shopping. To last through a hurricane, one needs to gets wood for boarding up the house, dry foods, and lots of candles. There were other things but she already had them in stock.

     She pulled up to the store and got the reusable shopping bags out of her trunk. "Okay Candles, dry food, wooden planks. Got it." She starts searching the shelves for the things she needed. "Getting ready?" I smile spreads on her face when her best friend walked over. She was her height with curled brown hair. She wore bohemian type clothes, making her look like a gypsy. She wore healed beaded anklets and a layered skirt made of multi colored thin cloths with all sorts of kaleidoscope patterns. She also had a brown tank top and four bracelets on each wrist. "Hey there Mei." Mei was her friend since elementary. Basically protected her from all the kids that made fun of her scar, the once she had from as long as she could remember.

     "Yeah I'm getting what I need. Orange and red your colors today?" She asked while putting a can of peaches into her cart. "I think that's enough food." She mumbles. "I hope this doesn't take my honeymoon off of schedule." Mei wines, her arms around Mizuki's neck so she can lean on her back without falling. "You mean your date with Kotaru?" She chuckles. Kotaru was another friend of hers. He started dating Mei the week after high school and live in a apartment where they go to college. Before Mizuki could enroll, a plane crash took the lives of their adoptive parents. So she gave up her chance getting a stable job so she could look after her sister, who was 13 at the time.

     She made it back home and saw Yuki doing homework. "Good, at first I was worried. You don't want me to ground you from using 'that' do you." The 'that' she spoke of was the strange ability both of the sisters had. They hid it from everyone except their parents. Mizuki doesn't use the power since its dangerous. Her sister on the other hand loves using it. Even went so far as calling herself a crystal artist. That's what the power was. Making crystal.

     While she was emptying her shopping bags the power completely cut off. Was it here already. The windows! She grabbed Yukis hand. "Hurry, go to the closet, I'll get the supplies." Gusts of wind slammed against the small beach house, shaking the floors and walls. Grabbing the food and her battery powered lamp before ducking into the closet. "Nee-san?" Yuki tugs her shirt. "Sorry, we're camping here. Storm's moving faster than I thought. We'll be fine sweetie." She hugged her close and planted a peck on her forehead.

    Hours pass and the wind just gets stronger. They had fallen asleep until loud shattering glass made them jump awake. "Nee-chan!" Yuki cries. "I know, I know." She brushes her hair comfortingly. What happened next wasn't expected. The house rocked and tipped over. Yuki screams but everything went silent and dark.

  A baby crying, the rocking of a boat, thunder, rain, lightning. Cold nothingness.