two

Seungyeon

Love isn't a thing in this world. That's what I have been hearing since the day I was born, love makes you weak, but a woman should love her husband. The husband doesn't owe the woman any love, it would be used as a weapon against him, makes him weak. I hit the punching bag harder at that thought.

Well, I decided at six years old, right after both my parents died that I wouldn't let those rules define me. Love isn't a thing in this world for women either. At least for me. I will not love someone I'm arranged to. I punched the bag harder and the man holding it huffed in struggle. "Seungyeon, hold back a little."

"There's no holding back in fighting, Felix." I said, putting my arms down from the punching form it was in. "This is a warm up, Seungyeon. Seriously, it seemed like you wanted to murder this bag." Felix said, stretching his shoulder.

"Maybe I do want to murder this bag, it looked at me funny." I joked and Felix chuckled. "I feel bad for your future husband."

I huffed in annoyance. "You know I don't like talking about it, Felix." I said and he sighed. "I know, but you're already of age and you still weren't arranged to anyone. I know you don't want that but I also know you know how important it is in our world."

"I know Felix, but I'm not like my sister, I wasn't raised to be a good wife. I was raised like you and all the other men. Who would ask for my hand in marriage when I'm not their idea of a wife?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"I know a few who would, but the thing is, Mr. Hwang says that you're his to marry off to whoever he wants, and he doesn't agree to the lower ranks." Felix said and huffed out. "And the higher ranks don't want a wife who can defy them and maybe even beat them in a fight."

"Well, the lower ranks want to get higher. The higher ranks have no reason to wed me." I shrugged, Felix chuckled. "You know what my theory is? That if anything happens to your sister, you would take her place as Hyunjin's bride."

I scoffed. "Yeah, like that would happen. Come on Felix, why would he wed me to his son? He would get a more suitable wife that is the same rank as me." Felix shrugged. "Your parents were very good friends with Mr. Hwang, maybe he feels the need to keep his promise even if its to the wrong twin?"

"Felix, he would have taught me how to be a proper wife then, not a killing machine." I explained and Felix sighed and nodded. "You're probably right, I still stand by my theory. Though, I did hear some rumors about Changbin wanting to wed you."

"Changbin?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, he is high enough to wed me but its also weird, don't you think? That I would marry my sister's husband's right hand man?"

Felix shrugged. "Love has odd ways to show itself." He teased and I reached to smack him on the back of the neck but he avoided it swiftly. "Felix, you know there's no love in this world." I rolled my eyes, Felix chuckled. "I know... but there is for you and Changbin." He teased and ran away before I could try and hit him again.

"Get back here! We still need to do the shooting range!" I yelled, he came back as I got my gloves off, putting them in my pocket. We walked to the shooting range, I picked one of the guns, examining everything is okay with it before putting the noise canceling headphones on.

We both started shooting, doing our usual competition. As the time was up I unloaded the gun and smirked at Felix as we put the guns back into place. "How can you lose to me every time?" I teased.

"I'm just letting you win." Felix rolled his eyes and I chuckled. "Sure you do, and the sun is cold." I teased again and as we got out of the shooting range Hyunjin stood there, we both immediately bowed.

"Good practice today." Hyunjin said as he looked at the score board that was above the door which led to the range. "Felix, I expect you to work on your aim more. It seems you missed too many critical hits and Seungyeon..." he turned his eyes to look at me. "Good work. We're looking for more people to join my team, maybe you'll make the cut this year. You may go now."

Me and Felix walked away. "You think I'll actually make it this year?" I asked and Felix shrugged. "Honestly? No. Hyunjin seems to suggest it every year but Mr. Hwang dismisses it, saying women don't belong in the field."

I groaned in frustration. "Then why did he train me? And why does he keep on training me?"

"I don't know." Felix then looked at his watch. "I have to go, I have a meeting with Seungmin. He hates when I'm late." He patted my arm before walking off. I could only watch him in envy as he walked away, I also wanted to be part of the meeting, the fighting. Have a team. I shook my head and walked off to my room.