𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟶𝟷𝟻: 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗?

Start from the beginning

When Jennie was sleeping soundly, Leo then opened its eyes and inched closer toward her, wrapping its exuded warmth and strength around Leo.

Everyone quickly forgot about the conflicts in the Kim family. This was because there was new Popular news in the lmperial City-Seventh Prince Lisa came back from Mingyue Tianshan.

Even though he was dressed casually and was very low key, an imperial edict from the Emperor immediately made the Seventh Prince the hot topic during meals.

Seventh Prince Lisa finally came back after staying outside for so many years. The Emperor was so happy, he directly named him "Prince Li' and gifted him a mansion-Prince Li Mansion-to stay in.

One could see the important meaning behind this imperial edict upon closer inspection.

Firstly, this proved that the Seventh Prince would stay in the lmperial City. Secondly, this showed that the Emperor liked and thought extremely highly of the Seventh Prince.

One had to know that the current emperor had nine sons-three of them passed on early, and six were left. Other than the first son, Kai, who had been made then Crown Prince the moment he was born, out of the remaining eight sons, only Fifth
Prince Hanbin-who had the same mother as the Crown Prince--was made 'Prince Ping.'

One could tell from this that naming Lisa as 'Prince Li' would attract a lot of attention.

Initially, no one had much of an impression of him and did not really care that the weak Seventh Prince had come back. However, it was hard not for one to overthink now that he was made 'Prince Li' the moment he came back to the Imperial City.

Overnight, Prince Li Mansion became a hotspot; many people sent letters to seek an audience.

However, the Prince Li Mansion rejected all of them, claiming that Prince Li was exhausted from all the traveling and needed to rest.

Jennie naturally did not know about all these secret happenings. Now, she was most concerned about her own body Zhen Bao Pavilion was very diligent in their work; the second batch of herbs was delivered over punctually.

Jennie did not busy herself with arranging the herbs, but chose to go out instead. This time, she did not directly leave from the main entrance but disguised herself as a young man.

She wore a black robe and a hat, and flipped
over the wall near the backdoor.

The Imperial City was very crowded, and many people wore all sorts of weird outfits on the streets, so Jennie's garb did not gather much attention.

She left the Kim family compound and headed all the way west until she reached Ghost Street at the city's west side.

The name was Ghost Street, but it was actually a place where people from all walks of life sold or bought items. It was a very messy place, and it sold everything at different prices. It was unknown how much money was needed to buy what kind of items.

It was precisely because of this that people loved to visit this place. If they were lucky they could buy some items at a lower price.

Jennie also came here today with similar thinking.

Ghost Street was indeed very crowded, and it was filled with all sorts of stalls on both ends.

Jennie leisurely walked as if she was casually looking around, but her gaze was actually rapidly sweeping past the items.

Time passed slowly. After going through half of Ghost Street, Jennie did not find anything she liked and was quite disappointed.

When she was considering if she should gonna back, she spotted something in a torn stall from the corner of her eyes.

Her heart tingled, and she walked over calmly.
İt was a rock around the size of a fist. It was
grayish-white on the outside and even grew gre
moss. It looked just like a rock that someone
casually picked up from the ground. However, if one took a closer look at it, one could see the two red streaks coming from the rock.

This showed that a precious ruby was most likely hidden in the rock. Just when Jennie was about to ask for the price, someone intercepted her and picked up the stone.

It was a man around the age of 20. He had a
chubby head, big ears, and was wearing a cotton gown. His entire body was exuding the aura of an upstart.

"Heh. I can't believe my luck is pretty good today, and I met with this red stone! Old man, name your price."

The owner of the stall was an elder with white hair. It was currently summer, but he was wearing a torn, cotton gown and was shaking a thin fan as he lay there lazily. Upon hearing this voice, he opened his eyes and extended one finger.

"One hundred silver taels?" The elder shook his head.

"Ten thousand silver taels." The young man exploded, and his fat body started to vibrate.

"Are you crazy? T'm already giving you face by quoting 100 taels for a red rock. How dare you try to scam me?

"Do you know who I am? I'm the future Crown
Princess's cousin!"

Upon hearing this, the silent Jennie raised her brows why did she not remember having such a
Cousin?