Chapter 453 - Intimidation

This matter is far bigger than that! Senior Brother, you should have told us ahead of time. We would have done something if you did. Now the Imperial Sun Moon Academy managed to advertise before us. There isn’t a single person in Bright City or the surrounding cities who doesn’t know of the match. In fact, everyone in the Federation knows about it! If we lost this match, the shame would be too great. Did you even consider any of this beforehand?” Shen Yi spoke solemnly. 

“I know my disciples,” Wu Zhangkong said. “I wouldn’t have decided to do this if I wasn’t confident in them. I want them to face a difficult challenge, only then will their potential be roused. If they lose, I’ll bear the responsibility and resign. But if they win, I’m certain one day they’ll become the next generation of the Shrek Seven Monsters. I trust them. I’m willing to sacrifice myself to save Shrek’s reputation if needed, but I’m confident in their victory.” 

The line went silent for a moment before Shen Yi spoke again. “Fine. I’ll handle things over here. I’ll give you their answer in a bit.” She hung up. 

Five minutes later, Wu Zhangkong’s communicator rang again. 

“Elder Cai agreed to allow you to do as you wish. Regardless of if they win or lose, you have to bring those kids back safe and sound. They’re our hope for the future. She also said…”

“What did she say?” Wu Zhangkong asked. 

“She said she wants to see Tang Wulin and his team lose this match. That sometimes, losing isn’t a bad thing.” 

Wu Zhangkong immediately replied, “Failure is the key to success, but they can only reach the peak by continuously achieving victories. They will win this match. I’m certain of it.” 

“Well then. We’ll arrange everything from over here, so you just watch over them.” 

☀ 

Tang Wulin opened his eyes and glanced at the clock in the conference room. He couldn’t help but knit his brow. Two hours had already passed, yet no one had come to get them yet. Are they doing this on purpose? 

After meditating for so long, his body was in peak condition and his mind incredibly focused. Just as Wu Zhangkong had said, Tang Wulin performed best under pressure. There was an unyielding intensity about him at that moment. 

One by one, his friends woke up from their meditation after him. 

“Still nothing? Should we go see what’s going on?” Xie Xie asked Tang Wulin. 

“Let’s wait a bit longer,” Tang Wulin said. “We’re the ones who challenged them, I don’t think they would just leave us here. They’re probably preparing a lot of things, or maybe it’s taking some time to find the right opponents for us. Let’s just wait and see.” 

Just as Tang Wulin finished speaking, the door to the conference room opened and the same middle-aged man from before walked in. 

“Everything is ready now. The match will be held in our academy’s arena,” the man said. “Do you need more time to prepare?” 

“We’re ready,” Tang Wulin said.

“Follow me then.” Even now, the man had yet to introduce himself or ask for their names. Without another word, he turned and walked out the door. 

They followed him into an elevator and headed up, changing elevators once they reached the thirty-sixth floor. This time, they moved horizontally for a while before going downward. Two minutes later, the elevator came to a stop.