Chapter Twenty-Three

Faith's POV

I stood on the man that tortured, and killed my best friend. The only person that really understood my pain. And now she's gone.

My eyes watered and I growled lowly.

"Please, please, I beg you. Don't kill me, please!"

I growled louder and he shut up. I spoke quietly but lowly, so he got it. "I bet that's Skyler said, huh? But look now, she's gone. All because of you!"

At that moment my wolf couldn't wait another second, but I wanted it done right. I shifted into human form and reached my hand into the man's pocket. I was right and there was a pocket knife in there.

I opened the knife and slowly pressed it against this man's neck. He whimpered but I ignored it.

I pushed, ever so slowly, the knife into his neck and soon enough I saw blood. A drop of it slowly slid down his neck into the grass.

The man screamed and I went further. I pushed the knife in more and more until my hand was pressed up against his skin. The entire knife was in his neck. I could see the tip of it poking out the other side of his throat.

The man was making gurgling noises, and coughing, choking on his own blood. I stood up and backed away a few steps, looking at my masterpiece. The man's eyes were wide and looking at me in total shock and fear.

I snarled. "Karma's a b.itch, isn't it, Lucas?"

His eyes widened ever so slightly and a tear fled down my face. I sniffed and wiped it away.

I heard yelling in the distance and turned to see a bunch of warriors coming towards this area. But it was so dark they probably don't see me yet. So I shifted into my wolf and looked at the man one last time. His eyes held sadness and nothing more. Then, they held nothing. His body was limp and he was dead.

I hesitated, but then heard another shout from the Warriors and turned towards the forest. I sprinted as fast as I could and in the next second I was enveloped in the shadow of trees. I ran and ran and ran, the tears in my eyes made it hard to dodge most trees.

I heard howls of sadness far away behind me but I didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt.

The look in his eyes were imprinted in my mind and I couldn't shake it out. The same thought just came into my mind over and over: That was the first time I killed someone, but I know it won't be my last.