Chapter 92 - Family line

Start from the beginning

She pulls me along the hallways, the very ones i despise.
They bring back memories of when she was here, and i promised myself i'd never set foot in them again, especially for her.
But here I am, against my better judgment.
As we walk, it dawns on me that we're standing in front of her mother's room.
Why on earth is she bringing me here?
She glances back at me, a soft smile on her face, before turning and entering the room.
I reluctantly follow her, my curiosity piqued.
And what i see inside leaves me both amazed and utterly bewildered.

"Oh hi darling, you must be Lizzie, it's a pleasure to meet you" she says with tenderness in her voice
Y/n looks at me, a smile on her face as she gently strokes the back of my hand
"Mom this is Lizzie and baby...this is Amelia, my mom" she introduces us, but i can't move a step and my mouth doesn't know what word to say at this moment
"Sorry about my look, i only found this in the wardrobe" her mother adds with a touch of irony, pointing at the hospital pajamas she's wearing
Now i understand where y/n gets her sense of irony from
"Uhm i-i- well i-uhm-"
"Uh, I must be really ugly then. Darling, you could have warn me instead of making me look like this in front of your girlfriend" Amelia comments, interrupting whatever I was trying to say.
"Oh, stop it. You're still beautiful, mother" Y/N says, walking closer to her mom and placing a kiss on her forehead.
"Oh no! I mean... I'm sorry, i was caught off guard. I'm happy to meet you miss" i say, swallowing the embarrassment.
"Then my girl, come here, let me look at you" she says, smiling.
I comply, and she grabs my hands, caressing them with the same delicate touch that her daughter has.
"Oh you're really beautiful. You're much more beautiful than on TV, you know.
My daughter made me watch all the films where you were in it.
She was practically obsessed with y-"
"Mom" Y/N scolds.
"What? It's true" Amelia says, shrugging her shoulders.
She then turns towards me and winks knowingly and that make me giggle.
"Be thankful you're in the hospital, or i would have already taken revenge" Y/N replies.
"I'm really happy to be able to shake your hand, miss. I couldn't wait to meet the person who gave birth to the love of my life" i say, hinting at the blush on my cheeks.
"Oh, but we've already met, haven't we?" she asks rhetorically, whispering and i look at her in amazement.
"Wait, does that mean y-you-?" I stammer.
"Yes, darling. I heard everything you said to me while i was in a coma, every word.
And i think that were an extra incentive to gave me the streghth to wake up. I really wanted to meet the person who gave that beautiful smile to my daughter again" she reaches out to caress my cheek, and i can't help but crack a smile.
As i look at y/n, something catches my eye for the first time since we've known each other.
There's a newfound vitality in her that i've never seen before.
"Darling, why don't you go get some coffee?" Amelia proposes to her daughter.
"You shouldn't drink it, mom" y/n responds, concerned.
"Oh, please! I've been in a coma for four years. I absolutely need a coffee" Amelia insists.
The more i observe them, the more i realize how similar they are.
They both possess this strength and sarcasm, along with the same tenderness and kindness.
"Fine, are you coming with me?" y/n asks me and i'm about to nod when her mom interrupts.
"Oh no, she's staying with me. I have to give her my protective mom test" Amelia declares
Y/n rolls her eyes in response.
"Mom, come on..."
"Come on, go go! Don't worry, I'll treat her well" Amelia replies confidently.
Y/n gives up and approaches her mother, placing a kiss on her cheek before turning to me.
She leaves a sweet kiss on my lips.
"Good luck" she whispers in my ear before leaving the room.

"Please have a seat" Amelia gestures towards the armchair next to her.
Nervously, i comply, rubbing my hands on my legs.
"Don't worry, darling, there's no test. I just wanted to thank you" she explains, trying not to embarrass me.
"For what?" i ask, genuinely curious.
"For everything you've done and continue to do for my daughter. I've never seen her this happy before. We've been through a lot over the years, and what happened to me caused her so much pain that i can't even fathom. I've heard her crying countless times at the foot of this bed, and i desperately wanted to protect her, but i couldn't.
However, when she introduced you to me, knowing that she finally had someone by her side, it brought me immense relief. You gave her a reason to live" Amelia says softly, her eyes shining with gratitude.
"I'm not so sure, miss. I've made so many mistakes and hurt her" i admit, feeling guilty.
"Listen, darling, i know it hasn't been easy between you two, and it probably still isn't.
I heard every word you said when you confided in me. But let me tell you, those words only reinforced the image i had of you both. You love each other, and it's clear that your paths were meant to cross.
I understand the pain of loving someone beyond reach my dear, but genuine happiness often demands challenging choices.
True love is worth the fight, and the greater the struggle, the more resilient and profound that love becomes. So please, promise me, promise me that you'll always fight for each other" she pleads, clasping my hands in hers.
"I promise miss, i love her so much and i'll do anything to always see her happy" as i say this, she looks at me with a twinkle in her eyes.
"I know, i can see the love in your eyes too, and i know for a fact that she loves you just as much. Let's preserve this beautiful feeling and make sure it never becomes just a memory" she says those words to me with a hint of sadness and nostalgia, and i'm curious to ask her more, but just at that moment, y/n comes back into the room with her sister.
I watch her laugh, and my god, she's so beautiful.
"Hi Lizzie!" Emma says, hugging me tightly.
"Hey, don't steal my girlfriend" y/n says, pulling me towards her.
"You're such an idiot. I'm just happy the family is finally reunited again" Emma says enthusiastically as she approaches her mom and hugs her.
"I never thought i'd see this image again, and i'm so sorry i didn't see you grow as i would have liked. But looking at you now, i can say i'm proud of both you and who you've become" Amelia says with a trembling voice.
"We'll make up for lost time together, mom.
What's matter now is that you're finally here with us, finally all together again" Emma tells her, tears running down her cheeks.
Instead y/n next to me seems stiff, and her mother seems to notice it.
"Y/n darling, we've already talked about this. I'm here now, okay? And I won't leave you again" her mother whispers, and y/n nods her head.
"Come here, my little one" she says, opening her arms for a hug, and y/n dives into them.
"I love you more than anything in the world" she says to her daughters, and i observe this moment, deeply moved.

Amelia looks at me with a smile, motioning for me to join them. However, i shake my head in embarrassment
"Come here, dear. You're part of the family now too" she says
Y/n looks at her mother with sparkling eyes, then glances at me and her look is enough to convince me.
All four of us embrace each other, and i have to admit, i truly feel like i'm part of a second family.
"When you get out of here, mom, we'll go to the house on the hill again. We'll spend a day like old times" y/n whispers to her mother.
"Oh by the way, i should give you back the keys. They should be in my bag-"
"Oh no, no, dear please! They're yours. Actually, the house is yours and y/n's, my daughter told me about the kind gesture you made" says Amelia to me
"But miss, i-"
"First of all, call me Amelia, please. God i'm not that old! And secondly, please keep them. It's your home now, your love nest. Besides, I don't want to sleep in the bed where my daughter had sex-"
"Mom!" y/n interrupts in embarrassment, and we all burst out laughing.
"I'm sorry to ruin the moment, but Dad will be here as soon as his shift ends" Emma warns, and the tension drops in the room.
"Great, i guess it's time to go" y/n says sarcastically, pulling away from the hug.
"I'll talk to him, i promise" her mother tells her.
"Yeah, of course, of course."
"Come with me?" she asks me, and i nod.
"See you soon, darling," her mother tells me. After hugging me, y/n and i leave her room and head to the rooftop to get some fresh air.

......................................................................................
A/N:
Hiii guys
how are you?

As always, I apologize for the delay in publishing the chapter. I've been swamped with exams lately, and my days have been filled with non-stop studying🫠

So, what are your thoughts on the chapter? Did you think something bad happened to y/n? Come on, i'm not that cruel!
Although, of course, there will be some unexpected twists and turns😈
After all, we're nearing the end of the book.

Anyway, i'd love to hear your feedback. Let me know what you think!

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍