Prologue- Before CottonWood

------------------------

Being snatched away from your parents when they report you as a 'werewolf infant' to the government was one thing, but being a 'hybrid infant' makes all the situation different...

My parents were pure human, but not in their genes. My father's genes were vampire and my mother's were werewolf.

There was no way that they'd ever want a 'hybrid infant' living with them and their other 'mortal human' children.

My eyes were cherry red when I was born, my fingertips sharp. Even my cry was a wolf's howl.

My parents saw me as a threat and sent me off to CottonWood, or CottonWood Living Quarters For Rouges. I had no say in the matter as for I was an infant with vocaless speech.

"Honey, we mustn't keep this baby as for it is a huge threat toward its own innocent siblings," my father had said to my mother.

My brain remembered all the deliberating between them which caused my eyes to prick with tears.

I guess vampires have a good sense of memory because none of my roommates or classmates think otherwise of being sent here, as they are all 'fully bred' werewolves with no superhuman memory.

Recalling from my late memories, I don't think my parents really cared where they sent me. They didn't want to spend anytime trying to find a decent place for a hybrid like me. So, they just plopped me off at a werewolf camp and drove off, not really saying goodbye.

I've been stuck here ever since, growing up with werewolves everywhere and learning their way of living. Including their diets, realizing that my stomach couldn't tolerate raw meat and flesh as well as they could which they suggested and often preferred to eat.

Years and years have I tried telling the main leaders of this program that I don't belong here, yet they say over and over that once a 'rogue' has entered the gates, he or she shall never leave the grounds of the property until a pack for that individual is formed.

As for attempting to get a mate that will put up with my hybrid mess of a human being...

I watch every other werewolf find their soulmates, thinking that I'll probably will grow old and die in this committee due to my uncaring parents.

They'll be the last thing on my mind when I do pass miserably...