Chapter 21 (Edited)

-----Bryce's POV----

Another month had gone by and we managed to find the source of the energy running through the land. An abandoned shack hosted the portal's energy but every time someone got close to it, it sent them flying fifty feet in the opposite direction. 

I sat on the floor of the pack house living room, pleading with my mother once again. 

"Mom, please I need your help. No one else can get close to the portal. I think it has something to do with magic and I need you to come with me so I can find Bennie." I pleaded. 

"Bryce, your father-" She started. 

"I don't care what dad said! All I'm asking for is five minutes mom, just five minutes to come and see it for yourself. If there's nothing else you can do then I'll leave you alone and try to find another way through, but I'm asking for your help mom. You're my last hope here, please." 

She was silent for a moment until her finger caught my chin, tilting my head to look up at her. 

"I know your father's rules seem strict, he just wants to protect everyone. More and more rogues are piling into the outer fields by the week. I will help you, but I don't want to hear another word about the rules around here. Your father is still the Alpha and you will respect him as a son should." 

I nodded and placed my hand over hers. 

"Of course, I meant no disrespect to dad, I'm just so tired of endless searching leading to a piece. Finally, it's within my grasp and I still fail to put the pieces together, until now. Thank you, mom, I'll come find you as soon as I round up the rest of my brothers." I kissed her cheek and ran from the room, eager to find them. 

I found Owen first, tending to his pregnant wife, it took some convincing, and even some on her part to get him to come with me. I understood his hesitancy, my dad had told him of his birth many times which made him incredibly overprotective of Hazel. 

He followed me to Ace and Adrian who were sparring in the training circle. Ace lit up when I spoke to him about mom agreeing to help me. He threw a shirt on quickly and raced to the house where we quickly found mom sitting with our dad. 

"Dad, what's going on?" I asked. 

"Your mother tells me she's planning on going with you out to the Northern fields. You're asking her to open up a portal that very well may kill her." 

"Dad, mom is the only one-" I started before he stood, interrupting me. 

"Yes, she is the only one who has powers, she's the only reason we aren't dead right now and she is my wife. You're supposed to respect her and her decisions as your mother and your Luna. I will not allow her to be pressured by you any longer." 

I opened my mouth to argue when my mom's voice spoke from behind my father's back. 

"I told him I would help." 

Dad turned around to face her. 

"What? How could you agree to do something like this?" He questioned. 

"He's our son, Drew. I have to help him, I want to. He deserves to find some answers, no matter the cost." She responded, stroking his face as he knelt down beside her. 

"I can't lose you again, I won't." He replied, placing his hand against hers. 

"You won't." She assured him. 

"Dad, if you want to come to the field with us I would like that. I know you don't want to lose mom, I only asked her because I felt like I had no other choice. I woud never willingly put mom in danger." I placed a hand on his shoulder as his head rested against mom's knee.