Chapter 14

Ready?

__________________________________

The show had begun, and the boys started singing songs from their eagerly awaited new album.

The cheers from the fans were incredibly loud, with people holding placards in the hope of catching the boys' attention.
They were making videos and singing along, adding to the excitement of the night.

From the side of the stage, I watched them throughout their performance. I was genuinely impressed by their professionalism.
They flawlessly synchronized their moves, making no mistakes.

I was thoroughly enjoying the show when suddenly, a woman's voice approached me.

"They do a good job, right?" the woman said. I looked over my shoulder to see Mia standing there, her face a pleasant surprise.

She had come to support her brother's performance, and I found it heartwarming how similar they looked.

Mia was like the female version of her brother, sharing the same eyes, lips, and even a birthmark. Her presence always made me wonder about her profession, perhaps modeling.

I smiled at her and nodded in agreement. "Yes, they are incredible," I said before turning my attention back to the stage.

The boys continued to rock the performance, with Hyunjin and Felix standing out with their hair and outfits.

The others also did a fantastic job. Han's rap, along with Seungmin and Jeongin's vocals, had me enthralled. Their beautiful voices never failed to captivate me.

Mia stood beside me, her arms crossed, tapping her nails impatiently. It seemed like she had something on her mind.

"Just imagine if they were never able to perform again," she hinted, her tone uncomfortable. I couldn't quite tell if her words held a hint of sarcasm, so I simply agreed, looking at her with a puzzled expression.

"That would be really sad."
As I spoke, the boys had finished their performance, drenched in sweat and catching their breath.

Perhaps I had pushed them too hard during their performance choreography, but it was necessary to showcase their dancing skills.

After the host praised their great performance, it was time for the boys to give their speeches.

Felix and Chan started first, as they always did.
I wanted to listen to their words, but Mia interrupted me once more. "Just imagine if they got involved in a scandal," she repeated her earlier comment with different words. This time, she had my full attention.

"Wasn't Hyunjin already banned once?" She pretended to ponder, though it was clear she already knew. "Oh, yes, he was," she said, her smile not genuine.

It reminded me of the insincere smiles mean girls wear in movies when they want to cause trouble.

Mia's behavior was making me uncomfortable. I disliked it when people beat around the bush, so I decided to confront her, even though I wasn't sure what her mission was.