CHAPTER 6 I crossed paths with a monster.

Some weeks later, Mr Emiliano-Isabella's father was finally discharged from the hospital. He managed to sit on the bed with the healing wounds on his back. Angela on the other hand was so happy to see her dad survive the surgery. She couldn't help but smile as she fed him.

"Thanks for keeping to your promise dad. I know you'll never leave us."
She said with tearful eyes. A loving and  emotional aura filling the atmosphere as they stared into each other's eyes.

A smile parted on Emiliano's lips as he stroked her golden blonde hair. She reminds him of his late wife because she had all of her features. An exact carbon copy of her. Unfortunately, he lost his beloved wife after she gave birth to his second child and daughter, Angela.

"Of course I won't leave you. I - I will always be there for you and your sister."

"Common! Dad! Eat up. You've lost a lot of weight."

He ate a spoonful of pasta and grabbed a bottle of water to use his medicines.

"Dov'è tua sorella?". (*Where is your sister?)" He asked all of a sudden because he noticed her absence that morning.

"Nurse Maria called to see her at the hospital. She needs to get your belongings and medicines." Angela answered as she adjusted the pillows on the bed and helped her dad with laying his back on it.

"Get some rest okay, she will be back in no time."

After planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, a knock followed immediately at the door.

"Chi è? (*Who is it?)" Emiliano asked, trying to sit up on the bed again.

"You don't have to worry yourself dad. I'll go get it. Lay back down okay. I guess it should be Isabella."

Reaching and opening the door, Angela widened her eyes in surprise. She was shocked to see their cold hearted landlord at the door. Coming to their apartment meant just one thing- threatening to send them parking. He's one emotionless maniac who cared less about his tenants and their plights.

"

"Posso entrare (*May I come in?)" He asked, clearing his throat as he adjusted his glasses.

"Please!"

"Can you spare us some months? My dad just got discharged from the hospital." Angela went on her knees begging and her eyes widened in  shock  when she saw  him helping her to stand.

"No probs. Your sister already cleared your debts. I just wanted to say hi to your father." He managed to smile with his wrinkled and sterned face which looked like it hadn't smiled in years.

A shocked Angela was speechless that she couldn't mouth a word to say.

"Will you let me in or I'll just stand right here??"

"Oh! I'm sorry. Do come in!" Angela ushered him in while he adjusted his tie before stepping in.

******************

At Campolon go Hospital in Milan, Italy. ~

Isabella got to the hospital exactly by noon. After getting some drugs from a pharmacy on the last floor, She decided to get her dad's belongings in his patient's locker at the hospital.

She entered an elevator to get to the fifth floor. The hospital was one of the tallest in the city with different floors and sections.  Coming out of the elevator, the first person she came in contact with was the crazy doctor Matteo. The sight of him  alone disgusts her as she could still recall the incident that occurred that night at his office. Seeing him approach her, she raises her hand with her palm facing him and motioned for him to stop his movement. She wasn't in the mood to speak to him and she was never willing to hear his voice in the first place. She didn't come for him and he isn't worth her time either so talking and exchanging words with him would be pointless that she decided to save her breath by walking away.