Chapter 14

If you're wondering how I changed the last chapter, I just deleted the last three paragraphs. That's all. I'm lazy, sorry. So I decided to just summarize the date and move on with my life. 

Michael's POV

Dear Treasure Box,

I went on the weirdest date ever today. It was supposed to be a date for just daddy and Louis but Louis thought that I should come along so they changed the location to the carnival. I think he was just scared of being too nervous and needed my help to relax. He did a good job of being charming, he bought us funnel cake and ice cream and he won some of the carnival games. He won a bunny for me and a lion for daddy (daddy named his lion Chester). Then we got to the Tea Cups. Me and daddy Daddy and I (he was reading over my shoulder again) really wanted to get on but Louis was being a scaredy cat. We finally got him on the ride and it was really fun (although Louis almost threw up afterwards and Daddy wouldn't stop laughing.... Thinking back, that part may not have been all that fun to Louis). Afterwards, Louis sat out most of the carnival rides but there was one ride that he had to go on. The Ferris Wheel. It took a lot of convincing but I got daddy and Louis to go up together while I watched from the bottom. It was the perfect timing. The sun was setting as they went higher and higher and higher. Then, when they reached the very top, they kissed. It was perfect. They were bathed in an orange glow and everything. I took a picture from the bottom. They were embarrassed about it at first but daddy said that we can frame it and put it somewhere (I said living room but they both said no to that). I still can't believe I'm this happy. I thought everything would fall apart once grandma died but something new came together instead. I miss grandma and I always will but she was right, every ending becomes a beginning.

See you at a new beginning, Treasure Box.

Michael's POV

MOVIE NIGHT!

MOVIE NIGHT!

MOVIE NIGHT IS TONIGHT.

Daddy said that we can arrange a night for Axel, Theo and Louis to come over and watch a movie and the night is tonight. Ever since I met Uncle Troy and Uncle Marc, I spent a lot of time at their house with Axel. He's still really quiet but we get along really well. He's my best friend now so he has to meet my other best friend. They're both really cool and nice so I think they'll get along. Louis was here first and he brought all the movie options and laid them out on the living room table. We had Guardians of the Galaxy, Rise of the Guardians, Penguins of Madagascar, Frozen, Tangled, How to Train your Dragon 2 and the Lego Movie.

Daddy immediately grabbed Guardians of the Galaxy with a grin. "Okay, if we don't watch this tonight, I'm definitely going to watch it later."

"So these were good choices?" Louis asked, staring at the DVD cases like he was trying to figure out the languages, "The girl at the store was just gave me the ones she liked."

I picked up one after another and gave a nod of approval. "These are good."

Theo was the first to come which wasn't surprising. Uncle Troy is kind of bad at being on time. Theo's parents came in with him to chat with daddy and Louis. I could tell by the way the both sort of blushed and looked for some escape that Marie was asking about their relationship. It was funny how they were still awkward about it even though they have been dating for about a month now.

"Hey, Mike," Theo greeted with a wide smile and pulled me into a hug.

"Theo," I cheered, "I'm glad you're here. Look at the movies Louis bought."

Theo went straight for the Guardians of the Galaxy, "I heard this one was great."

"Daddy wanted to watch that one too."