"Don't say I didn't warn you."

I was going to die.

It's official.

Either that or I will be shunned from humanity all together. Yeah, that's sounds good at least that way I'll be alone, not dead.

As Carly began pulling me in all sorts of directions during the party, I found myself glancing in every direction looking for Danger as they call him. The name itself made me cringe and made my stomach tumble.

I don't know why I was nor could I explain it. I guess the nerves got the best of me and I was worrying about my life more than I should have. I worried more about this random dude then I did my parents.

That itself should tell you something.

I was losing my mind and at this point, I just wanted to get away from it all. My head shouldn't be snapping in all sorts of directions in fear of seeing him, it should be because of my parents. What if they left the house looking for me and found me here? What if they get out a search warrant? What if. . . Oh what the hell, why do I even bother? My parents are the least of my worries.

Snatching my hand from Carly's, I waited as she turned around. "I need to breathe Carly," I confessed. "I didn't come here to just walk around. I came here to have fun and if all we're going to do is run away from every social group at this party, then I'm going home."

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Carly let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry." Her cheeks reddened. "I didn't notice I was being too pushy,"

"It's not that you were being pushy. . ." I began before cutting myself short, finding another way to restate that sentence. "It's just that ever since danger," I threw up the air quotes with my fingers, "talked to me, you've been on your radar and I can't take it anymore."

"I'm sorry," She licked her lips.

"It's just that," I took a deep breath before continuing, "ever since he talked to me you've been acting like I'm going to die and I'm not."

"How would you know?" She threw a hand up while pointing at me. "He's called danger for a reason Kelsey."

"Yeah well danger talked to me once. It's not like he asked me out or anything," I shook my head at her. "You're overreacting and you know it. Besides you don't even know him!"

"I know enough about him to know he's bad news," She tried to sound convincing but this was all coming out like a bunch of bull.

"And you believe what everyone says?" I arched a brow as she vigorously nodded. "Carly, not what everyone says is the truth. People over exaggerate everything nowadays. You cant believe the shit people say. You should know that first hand." I reminded her of the time Danny Jergins began a rumor that Carly slept with him. From there it escalated to her supposedly being pregnant and that she had an abortion. It went on for ages before it finally dialed down and new rumors spread.

"That's different." She tried to argue.

"How?" I laid my hands on my hips. "Name one way on how its different." I tapped my foot on the floor while awaiting her answer.

"It just is, okay?" She muttered sharply. "Everyone knows about him Kelsey. He didn't spread shit on his own. People already knew of him."

"Yeah from shit others said about him. It doesn't matter who started it Carly, the truth still remains the same. No one knows anything. The only person who does is this danger kid and when he admits it himself, then its true. Until then, everything you hear is fake."

After a few moments of silence, she finally gave in. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you." She pointed towards me with pouty lips before linking our arms together and dragging us away to a part of the party that involved actual people and dancing. Something I didn't think I'd see for the rest of the night.

Usually I was never the one to bend the rules, but this one time, I think I will. Opening myself another can of beer, I began chugging it down as I walked back only to find Carly had disappeared. Aw, crap.

Sighing, I began searching for her. Pushing past all the people dancing up on each other as though they were having sex, the potheads sniffing a joint, the drinkers who were taking down gallons of beer down their throats, I still couldn't find Carly anywhere.

A few minutes had passed and my feet were warring down from all the walking I had done tonight. I didn't even take a seat. Whatsoever. It was like these people didn't know the meaning of a chair.

Finally giving up and just deciding to text her, I pulled out my phone as I began texting away.

Where are you? I've been searching everywhere. Text me back so we can meet up again. I have to go home soon.

Satisfied, I put my phone away as something not to far caught my attention. Stepping closer, it turned out to be a log. Knowing this was as close enough to a chair that I could get, I made my way over to it before casually sitting down. Stretching my legs out, I suddenly became more calm. . . Relaxed.

That didn't last long the second I noticed ten minutes had gone by and Carly still didn't returned my text. Usually she replied back in seconds, two minutes when in delay of being drunk. Now I was starting to get worried. Knowing she wasn't anywhere near the crowd of people, I decided to take the route leading down a huge valley of trees.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets, avoiding any crazy thoughts that could come to mind as I noticed just how dark it was out.

How could Carly just vanish like that? Was she really that upset that I found danger talking to me not to be that much of a big deal like she was making it out to be?

Or could it have been something else? Maybe someone asked her to go somewhere with them. . . But then again she would have told me before walking off.

Sighing in frustration with myself, I felt my head ring with buzz as the three beers I had drank tonight began to sink in. The ruffling of leaves didn't help much as I began to think I was going insane though luckily, I had noticed a group of people not too far along the trail.

Not thinking much of it, I continued walking only to feel the cold air drift through me and cause me to cautiously look up to notice that the group of people weren't just some ordinary group of people. They were wearing red and black and from what I remembered of Carly's numerous speeches, it came to mind that. . . This was the people Carly warned me about.

Dangers crew.

Feeling the beating of my heart accelerate, I moved closer to the trees, trying to hide myself from being seen as I continued to keep my cool.

"You're in for a lot of shit, Parker." A dark voice came from the shadows as I felt my stomach summersault and my palms grow sweaty.

"I'm-I'm sorry." Whoever that guy was talking to, began to stutter as the tone in his voice rattled my ears in a tone so fragile, I couldn't help but cringe.

"Sorry doesn't cut it anymore. You had your chances and still turned out with shit. We gave you three more weeks and you still couldn't find the time to get the money?"

"Please, I just need a little more time--"

"Yeah well your time has passed buddy." And with that I felt my body go numb as I glanced up in time to see a shot being fired and a body drop to the ground, the floor instantly covering in a red gooey liquid.

What the fuck just happened?

Author Note

comment/vote

Kemi & Dani