"Enough, you say?", she scoffed sarcastically, the smile still not leaving her lips, "I bet you can't even name three things about me."

He took a step closer, his finger lightly tracing the sleeve of her blazer. "Oh, but I can," he said in a low tone, "for starters, you have the most beautiful green eyes, deep as an evergreen forest."

"Oh, please.", Danica rolled her eyes at his flirty answer but did not step away from his touch. He took note of that a slowly raised his pointer finger towards the loose ends of her dark hair and twirled a strand.

"Second, your wit is as captivating as your charm, especially when you wound me so much with your harsh words.", she shook her head in disbelief while his grin only got even more smug "And third," he paused, leaning in slightly, "the fact that you've got me standing in the middle of a library aisle, desperately wanting to get to know you better."

They remained still for a few passing moments before he continued to speak. "But, the matter of getting to know each other better could also be arranged."

"Arranged?"

"It's just a proposal, no hard feelings. How about going on a friendly stroll around the Black Lake on Saturday after breakfast?"

She pushed him back slightly, and her let her do that, so she could put a slight distance between them. "A friendly stroll? So you're saying that you aren't asking me out on a date?"

"Yet."

"Whatever you say." She laughed, walking back to her desk to pick up her stuff and leave the library.

"So is that a yes?", he followed behind her.

"I need to check my schedule."

"That's a yes!", he exclaimed loudly which caused a chorus of angry shushing noises from students all around and a paper ball to be thrown right at him. But it didn't phase him one bit, because the news that Maximilian (somewhat) deluded himself into believing had him skip after Danica like a puppy who was given his favourite treat.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Huber. I might not make it.", they walked out of the library into the halls, now speaking at a higher volume.

"Mere details, darling. Simply knowing that you are thinking about me has me elated.", she didn't bother correcting him on that bold statement, "So, just remember that I'll be waiting for you at the Courtyard whether you will be there or not."

She stopped and turned to look at him directly. "Why are you so adamant about me?"

"Well, why resist when destiny seems to keep bringing us together? And, let's be honest, who could resist someone as captivating as you?"

"We met twice."

"Twice is enough to know when you're seeing perfection."

At this point she should be keeping a tally of the number of times she scoffed at his utterly ridiculous answers. But she had to admit that he kept her entertained. Despite clearly not meaning half of what he was saying, he was quite the romantic. And paired with his undoubtedly striking looks, it was enough reason to keep him around as a distraction from the reality of her life.

Which is why she decided to not further drag out his nagging and give the answer that was bound to be said at one point.

"Fine."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Dreadfully so, the first scheduled Prefect rounds were that same Thursday evening. The sun was setting and the curfew had been announced.