Chapter six

Chapter six

Going to the subway made my heart speed up. I felt a panic attack coming on. Too many repressed memories came from here. I gripped Phil's arm trying to signal that I was having one. I can't speak when it's going on. "Oh god! Are you okay?!" Phil said turning to face me. I was shaking with tears streaming down my face. My breathing was getting heavy and uneven.

"Focus on your breathing. We'll get in the train as soon as we can." Dan said, picking me up. He started whispering sweet nothings in my ear, calming me only a bit. I stuck my head in the crook of his neck. I soon stopped crying, but my breathing still wasn't that great. Phil rubbed my back, and I heard the sound of train doors opening.

"Are you okay?" Phil asked, concerned, looking straight in my eyes. "Y-yea. I just had a panic attack. I have them a lot so don't worry." I said, dismissing it. "I'm gonna worry! I'm your father! I'm supposed to worry!" He shouted, causing everyone to look at him. I was still in Dan's arms, and I had no intention of getting down.

We stood there, people looking at Phil awkwardly at his sudden outburst. "Why were you having a panic attack?" Dan asked softly. "The underground just reminded me of something I'd like to forget." I said with fresh tears in my eyes. "Whatever it was, nothing is gonna happen. You're safe now and no one can hurt you." Dan said, fixing me so that my legs were wrapped around his side and his hand was on my back.

The train soon stopped and we got off in silence. Then, Phil spoke. "When was the last time you had a panic attack?" He looked me in the eyes, concern showing in his. "I dunno a few years ago?" I asked. I really didn't remember but I know for a fact that when I was ten and under I'd have them every day.

"Oh, ok." He said. "Well, on that note, lets get some Starbucks and go to a store to get you some clothes!" Dan exclaimed, putting me down and running toward the exit. Phil grabbed my hand and we ran after him.

"What's Starbucks?" I asked after we had been defeated by Dan in our silly race. "You don't know what Starbucks is?!" Dan demanded in a playful tone. I shook my head, giggling a bit at Dan. "It's good coffee, that's what it is." Phil said as we approached a cafe.

When we entered, there were people on their phones or computers, sipping on coffee. I looked at the menu to see what was cheapest. Nothing was cheap! It was all more than a bottle of water at McDonald's. "Uh, guys, this is really expensive and I don't have enough to pay for it." I said nervously. "We're paying, silly!" Dan said, ruffling my hair.

"You don't have too!" I exclaimed. I hate it when people spend money on me. "I'm your father so, I'm gonna spend money on you." Phil said. He then turned around and ordered our coffee. He ordered me something called a 'Carmel Frappe'. I didn't question it.

We sat down and drank the coffee. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. "Thanks for the coffee, Phil." I said. "No problem." He said and gave me an awkward side hug. I laughed and Dan joined us for the hug. We hugged for a few minutes, probably getting stares, but we didn't care.

A/N: HELLO!!! Whoever is reading this should go check out my other stories Black is My Favorite Rose and If You Can't Hang. It would mean a lot. Have a great day. Stay happy not crappy :)