Chapter 18

I'm not sure when, but at some point during Sheep Mask's beating I fell unconscious. I wish I could have stayed that way, that way I wouldn't have to face him again because I wasn't sure how much more of this I could take.

I woke up feeling a deep throbbing pain across my entire face.

When I opened my eyes I realized that my left eye was almost completely swollen shut.

With a trembling hand I reached up and touched just under my left eye but quickly withdrew it with a wince at the pain.

Remembering who had caused this I quickly sat up and scanned the room for him, my heart beating harshly, but found the room to be empty.

I sighed in relief and sank back into the bed.

The relief only lasted for a second though as another thought crossed my mind.

How was I going to get out of here?

***

Archer's P.O.V

I ran forward, shoulder first and slammed into the door for the third time but the door still didn't budge.

"Fuck!" I gripped my hair in frustration and started pacing.

There was a dull pain in my right shoulder but I barely noticed it.

I had to find Gemma.

I kept checking my phone to see if there were any new messages but nothing appeared and dread was slowly working its way through me.

The longer I was in here the longer time it gave that creep to do whatever he wanted with Gemma.

That thought alone had me charging the door again.

There was an audible crack when my shoulder collided with it this time but it still didn't open. Maybe that crack I heard was my shoulder.

I groaned in both pain and frustration.

I had promised Gemma that she'd be okay. I promised her that everything would be fine. I promised her that I wouldn't let anything happen to her and I had managed to break all three of those promises in less than an hour.

Guilt didn't even begin to cover what I was feeling right now but I couldn't focus on that, at least not now.

I had to get to Gemma.

I took a deep breath before turning to face the door again.

I had to keep trying.

I took a few steps back before I rushed forward and my shoulder collided with the door yet again. My right shoulder exploded with pain but it was worth it because this time the door actually gave and I stumbled out of the room.

I winced as I stood up straight and grabbed my right shoulder with my left hand.

I had to blink a few times to let my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness after being in the dark for so long.

I looked around and was relieved to see that I still seemed to be in the hotel's basement. Hopefully Gemma wasn't too far away.

As soon as that thought crossed my mind my phone vibrated in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out and saw I had another text message. I swallowed hard before I opened it.

This time there were no pictures, it was just a simple text message.

Remember time is not on your side, the clock is ticking.

Before I could really react to the text my screen went black and suddenly a timer popped up on the screen.

As I watched the time tick down I barely had time to wonder how he was able to control my phone like this as it only took me a second to realize what the timer was for.

I had two hours.

Two hours to find Gemma.

***

Gemma's P.O.V

I layed in that bed for what felt like hours but what was probably only minutes before I heard the door across from me open and close.

I quickly sat up, fear shooting through me as I watched Sheep Mask enter the room and slowly make his way towards me.

"Ah, I see you're awake. Have a good nap?" He asked, dark humor lacing his tone.

I glared at him as best I could with a swollen eye but said nothing.

Sheep Mask reached forward and I instantly flinched and moved back from his outstretched hand.

"Come on now, don't act like that." He said as he grabbed my face roughly.

A small whimper left my lips as pain seemed to run across my entire face.

"Does that hurt?" He asked with mock sincerity.

He let go of my face and reached for something in his pocket.

My eyes went wide with panic when I saw him pull out a syringe filled with a clear liquid.

I watched as he took the top off the needle and held it up to light.

"W-what is that?" I asked, not bothering to keep the fear out of my voice.

"Oh, now you can speak?" Sheep Mask said as he thumped the needle two times before turning back to me.

He reached forward and grabbed my neck before pushing me back down onto the bed. I tried to fight him off but it was no use. He was stronger than me and he only tightened his grip on my neck.

I watched as he slowly brought the syringe closer to me and then there was a sharp sting as he plunged it into my neck.

Almost immediately I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded.

"What did you do to me?" My voice sounded slurred, like I had been drinking too much.

The room started spinning and I blinked several times to try and clear it but it only seemed to make it worse.

"You're just going to take another nap." Sheep Mask said.

His voice sounded far away.

I turned to look at him and found three of him floating in my vision. I also noticed that my eyelids were getting extremely heavy.

I felt fingers gently brush my hair back from my face and somewhere in the back of mind I knew it was Sheep Mask touching me but my brain was too foggy to do anything about it.

"Once you wake up, that's when the fun will begin." I heard him say before I lost consciousness.