prologue

Nothing.

There was nothing around him except for empty darkness and an internal beat that pounded inside him. A cool liquid kept him suspended above the murky bottom of wherever he was, and it swirled around him.

The water was cool, but not cold. It was soft and silky, like he was swimming in silk. He closed his eyes, and allowed the peace to settle over him.

His body was relaxed, and his mind was at ease. He couldn't remember why he was here, but he didn't care. Everything was so blissfully blank.

Then, something touched him from up above. It slowly pulled him out of the peaceful water. He tried to fight it, but stopped once his head went above the waves.

There wasn't nothing, not anymore. Now, he was coughing on the side of a river, his body racked with pain. Pebbles clung to the palm of his hand, and they pricked his skin, drawing small dots of blood to appear. He longed for the peaceful nothingness in which he was suspended to come back.

He looked around for a clue as to what had pulled him out of the water, but there was nothing.

And as the boy laid there on the rocky shore, he racked his mind for a memory of any form, for the memory as to what his name was.

But there was nothing.

/////////////////////////////////////

Hands were wrapped around her arms, and they forced Annabeth Chase to walk forwards. She struggled against their hold, but they were much too strong. At least, they were stronger than she was. But that didn't stop her from fighting.

As they neared closer to their destination, dread settled in heavy at the bottom of her stomach. Annabeth knew where she was, and what they were trying to do.

A river filled with water the color of the night sky twisted in front of her. The water looked refreshing and inviting, but she knew all too well what would happen if even a drop of it touched her skin.

They shoved her closer to the water's edge. Annabeth attempted to drag her feet to slow them down, but they merely dragged her even harder.

She fought going in, and she continued to fight, even after her head was forced under the water. She kicked, and bucked, and screamed. Surprisingly, the water didn't flood into her lungs. She screamed with no sound, and kicked at the empty water.

Slowly, she stopped. She couldn't remember why she was bothering to fight in the first place. She didn't know where she was, or how she got there.

The water was cool, and she shivered underwater. Something was wrong, but she didn't know what. Maybe it was the fact that she couldn't remember where she was, or even her own name.

Confused, the girl kicked off the bottom, and shot upwards towards the small prick of light above her. Her feet kicked through both the mud and silky water.

Her head broke over the water, and she gasped for a breath of air. She swam for the rocky shore, and heaved her body out of the water. Once she made sure she wasn't on the brink of death, the girl raised her hand and analyzed her surroundings.

But there wasn't anything to analyze: there was nothing.

A/N
This is the newly revised prologue! I hope that you enjoyed, and I'll be revising this entire book in the next few months.

In other news, if you want to create a tribute demigod, just fill out the form below. Otherwise, hope you enjoy the Demigod Games!

[UPDATE: NO MORE DEMIGODS ARE NOW NEEDED]

Name

Godly parent

Skills

Description

Other