17. nothing

George's  POV ///

"Let's go out." Kelsey said the next day, wiping her sticky hands dutifully on George's duvet cover. 

George pushed himself up by the palms of his hands and raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Now?" I questioned under my laboured breath as I glanced at the alarm clock on my very basic white bedside table that I had bought during a trip to Ikea a month earlier. 

"Why not?" She questioned as she grazed her lips over my sweat drentched shoulder. 

"Well it's seven in the morning and you just gave me a..." I trailed off and stroked my hands through the ends of her tangled hair. 

"And?" She questioned. "Put some clothes on and we can go for a walk or something." She stood up from my bed. My eyes travelled to her body as she grabbed my shirt from the floor and shimmied into it, then she put on her underwear and black leggings from the night before. 

"It's a bit difficult if you're gonna steal all of them." I mumbled as I pointed to the shirt of mine she was wearing. She smiled at me, it was supposed to be lovely but it made me feel a little sick. 

"Just doing my job. Now, put some pants on." She said as she walked across my room and pulled open my chest of drawers that matched the bedside table, carefully selected a pair of boxers and flung them in my direction. I laughed a little. 

"Fine." 

——

Lizzy's POV

"So..." Margerate mumbled under her breath as she lifted her fork up to her lips. She placed the rolled up slice of pancake inside her mouth, chewed it for an abnormally amount of time and swallowed it. "Eighteen." 

I nodded my head as I finished my pancake, my throat becoming raw and dry. 

"Have you got any plans for today, Lizzy?" My Dad asked me, I was about to shake me head, but I was cut off by Matty. 

"Yeah, Lizzy and I were going to go to the beach." Matty's fingertips brushed my kneecap under the table and I shot him a small smile. 

"Okay. But be back before five, Michael made dinner reservations at that Italian restuaraunt, Accardi's. If you're late..." Margerate finished her pancake but she evidentely decided against finishing her sentence. 

I nodded my head, feeling Matty's grip on me tighten slightly. He was trying to hold everything together so much, I was beyond proud of him. 

I looked up at Matty and tried my best to fight the overwhelming urge to kiss him. 

——

"I hope you were joking about the beach." I mumbled to Matty as we made our way up the stairs towards my bedroom after breakfast. He laughed. 

"Of course I was. I know how much you hate the beach." He kissed the top of my head and pulled me into his side as we walked into my room. 

"So what are we doing?" I asked excitedly as I leaned up to brush my chapped lips against his jaw. He shivered and smiled at me a little, winding his arms around my middle from behind me.

"What do you want to do?" He asked quietly into the skin of my neck. I shrugged my shoulders and peered forwards at our relfections in the floor length mirror on my wardrobe door.

"I don't mind." I mumbled, stroking my fingertips over his cracked knuckles. He smiled at me. 

"Good. Come on, grab your bag." 

—-

"Right. We've got fish in batter, chips with vinegar, curry sauce and enough salt to give us heart attacks." Matty told me at tweleve o'clock in the afternoon as we sat down on a bench opposite the pier. 

We had decided to buy fish and chips, because we hadn't finished our breakfast. It was our fault really, and it was petty, but we were still kind of scared that anything Margerate cooked would kill us. It all looked too good, making us feel like Hansel and Gretel, but not brother and sister. That would be gross. We had the discussion the night before. 

"I love you." I laughed as Matty tore the polystyrene box into two halfs and split the food equally between us. 

—-

George's POV

"I hate you!" Kelsey giggled loudly as I pulled her closer to me as we walked through the now croweded city streets. 

"Why?" I whined, smiling as she leaned up to chew on the side of my neck. 

"Because you made me love you again." 

Kelsey tossed the 'L' word around a lot. Loving pasta and wine and electricity and me and colours and books and sex and weed and Smirnoff and hair grips because they are so useful. However, I never thought she was careless with it. She was just passionate about everything in a weird, innocent way. 

That was probably why I liked her. 

She was everything I wasn't. But then again, so was Lizzy, and so was any other girl I had been with. Which made me question whether I was even anything at all. 

"I love you too, Kels." I mumbled into her mop of messy hair.