Mama

Jason's pov

I walk backstage as they announce me coming to perform. I'm going to sing one of my favorite songs I ever recorded. I walk out onstage. "all the guys out there grab your girl. This song is pretty... Manly." I joke, laughing. I break into big Green tractor.

Miranda's pov

I sing along to him. When he's done, Brad and Carrie come back out. "that was one spectacular performance. A real fireball." Brad says. "and sources say that song has reached number 1 right?" Carrie asks. Brad looks on his phone and nods. They talk for a second more then Jason gets back. "awesome!" I shout. "now we have Faith Hill announcing album of the year." Carrie says. Faith walks out and I cross my fingers. They say the nominees. My hand tightens around Jason's. She opens the envelope and reads it. "Jason Aldean for wide open!" she shouts. He jumps out of his seat in excitement. He hugs me then heads to the stage. "I'd like to thank broken bow, the greatest record company ever, definitely the fans who bought the album. This is probably my favorite album out of them all. And yes the rumors are true. I've got a girlfriend and I want to thank her too." He says, making me smile. He gets the award, shakes Faith's hand, and heads back. He holds my hand. "I won once. That's all I need." He says.

*after*

We're heading back to his truck when instead of getting in, I take my guitar out. "what are ya doin'?" He asks. "I'm gonna hit some
honky-tonks before they close." I say, smiling. "ok, I guess I'll see ya at the house later." He says, waving. I walk down the street and he drives back home.

Jason's pov

Maybe I should've offered to go with her. I think I've been out of the dating game too long. I wonder if I should go. But I don't want her to think I'm a stalker. I decide to go anyway.

Miranda's pov

I get offstage and grab my phone to call Jason and ask if he can pick me up. I still can't get over the fact that he announced tonight on TV that we are boyfriend and girlfriend. A guy walks over. He's drunk. "how about we burn it down together?" He flirts, making fun of Jason's song, annoying me. "no thanks." I say, walking passed him. He grabs my shoulder and spins me around. "let me go!" I gripe.

Jason's pov

She's talking to some guy but she looks pissed. "I said let go!" she yells then stomps his foot. He grabs her arm and I'm about to rush up to punch the crap out of him when she does it. He falls back and I run forward. "whoa." I gasp. She smirks. "I can kick a dude's ass." she says, walking with me out of the bar.

Miranda's pov

He's super surprised that I was able to deck that guy. "my girl sure can punch." He says, opening the truck door for me. I smile and get in. The song let there be cowgirls by Chris Cagle plays in my head. "I'm strong as any man." I say. He smirks and gets in the truck. "well cowgirl, let's go home." He says. We get home and someone's in the kitchen. I freeze. Jason withdraws his pistol and glares at the kitchen door. "who's in there? I'm armed and I will not hesitate to use the second amendment." He says, loudly. The door opens. It's a woman. Jason lowers his gun. "mama, next time tell me if you're comin' over. I almost shot ya!" He gapes. She laughs. "I heard your speech." she says. His cheeks go red. I smile. "this must be the lovely lady." she says. He nods. "yeah, this is Miranda, my new girlfriend." He says. I love hearing him say that. "hi, ma'am." I say. She hugs me. "oh just call me Debbie, dear." she says. She walks back to the kitchen. "what are ya doin' here?" He asks. She laughs in the kitchen. He rolls his eyes. "ugh, parents." He grumbles. I laugh. "tell me about it." I say. He smiles. "Miranda, could you come in here a second?" his mom calls. I'm surprised. I raise a brow. "who knows." He mutters, covering his eyes. I hug him then go into the kitchen.