Chapter 1

"Bet."

"How much we talking?"

"...15..."

Ace cupped her ear and leaned forward, motioning him to bring up the bargain. Owen groaned.

"And steak for lunch everyday for a week."

Ace snatched the large, juicy, dead rat out of his head, smirking as their feet dangled above the raptor cage. "You're on, bitch." She snickered. She whistled lowly before throwing the rat down into the cage.

They waited a few seconds before hearing the light thumping of Velociraptor feet hitting the ground. And soon enough, a hungry Raptor bursted through the tree line, following by two others.

They sniffed the air before they all spotted the rat. Delta, who had already eaten some extra food she had secretly saved (being the very clever dinosaur she was), snorted in anger for waking him up before starting to walk off.

"Cmon Delta! At least try!" Owen whined. "Yes! Cmon Charlie-Warlie, you can do it!" Ace cooed as Charlie and Blue started running toward the rat.

"Yes!" Owen shouted as Blue took the lead, Charlie starting to fall behind. Ace prayed for the best before another raptor ran out of nowhere, grabbing the rat and running off to the side, stopping and eating it.

Blue slammed into the wall, crying out before balancing himself again. Echo swayed his tail happily before running off, leaving a sad Charlie and Blue.

"I don't believe it." Owen said as Ace was cheering and shouting behind him. "In your face! Echo is the best at sneak attacks!" Ace exclaimed. Owen grumbled, throwing down two rats to Blue and Charlie so they didn't go empty stomached after what had happened.

The two raptors looked pleased as they walked off to find their brothers. "Yes! I win! Pay up!" Ace exclaimed. Owen grumbled and took out his wallet, counting through the money in it before handing her the 15 bucks he owed.

She snatched it out of his hand, smirking as she stood up. "In your face, mate!" Ace exclaimed, doing a little victory dance that made Owen roll his eyes. Ace blew a raspberry as he stood up, stuffing his wallet back into his pocket as he shuffled to his feet.

Every once in awhile they would do this competition to see who would win, and also help the raptors exercise after their regular training.

"You always seem to keep me broke." Owen said, his hands resting on her arms. Ace smirked teasingly. "You love me though." She said, biting her lip. Owen rolled his eyes, kissing her forehead. "Somehow." He mumbled as he watched Hoskins walk up the stairs, Barry following him with an unhappy look on his face.

"That...was amazing." Hoskins said, trying to ease the sudden tension in the air, but Ace rolled her eyes while she was still faced away before turning to face him.

"You came on a good day." Ace said. Hoskins looked at her, narrowing his eyes. "Sorry, but I'm gonna speak to the one in charge." Hoskins said, his eyes going up to Owen's as he came closer.

Ace opened her mouth to say something but Barry grabbed her arm, shaking his head at her. She huffed, rolling her eyes. "Go home baby, I'll meet you back there." Owen said quietly to her, kissing her knuckles before turning and walking off with Hoskins.

"I'm gonna kill Hoskins." Ace growled, leaning against the railing and gazing down at the raptors. Barry sighed, copying her movement. "I'll sadly have to stop you." He said, cracking a smile.

Ace rolled her eyes, huffing in response. "I just don't understand how he doesn't see the natural instincts in these animals. They don't fully follow command, even on a good day." Ace said, following it with a few whistles at Charlie.

Charlie chirped back, his tail swaying happily as if to say 'hello Ace!'. Ace chuckled, turning to Barry.

"They're smart, but not military smart. They don't domesticate like dogs." Ace said. "I know. I have common sense, unlike him." Barry said, raising his eyebrows before walking past Ace as someone called his name.

Ace sighed sitting down and letting her feet dangle above the raptor complex, watching the raptors as she listened to the noise going on around the complex. "Lucas! Cmon boy! Sprint over here, I need your help!" One of the workers yelled to a new boy.

Lucas got up, running up the stairs, muttering understand his breath. Ace heard him approaching, but thought nothing of it. As Lucas neared where Ace sat, leaned down toward the pit and whistling to the raptors, he tripped, slamming into Ace, causing her to yelp and be shoved straight down into the raptor complex below!

_

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope y'all enjoyed!
Instagram-agirlinsomefandoms
Follow for more content and check out my other stories!