Epilogue - Part One

"Sir, someone left this parcel for you

"Sir, someone left this parcel for you."

His secretary gave the parcel to him and left his office. His brows crease in confusion, he wasn't expecting any parcel. Carefully, he opened it and his heart warms, as he see what's inside the parcel.

It was a Book.

Not just an ordinary Book.

It was a Romance Book written by his wife. Arzoo Khan. His eyes immediately went towards the laptop that was on the desk and he realised that it was the day before when Arzoo's new novel was going to be published.

Saqib's eyes get all soft and sweet, as his gaze back towards the book, seeing each and every detail of it, memorizing it.

She claims that she isn't in love with him. And yet she does things that leaves him wondering. What if she......

The Book has his and Arzoo wedding photoshoot photo as a cover. Where his and her face was hidden. His hand went towards his wife name which was at the bottom of the book in a cursive font. Arzoo Khan. And slightly caressed it.

His gaze went towards the title of the book and his heart skipped it's beats. And he knew that this book is going to be his favourite one.

'DIL KI AAWAZ'

And a weird and a beautiful feeling like he never felt before took places inside his stomach. Was it the butterflies in his stomach which people usually mention in movies?

His hands shook as he open the book softly and carefully. A smile breaks out on his face. As a note slips out from the first page.

'I am sorry, Saqib. Maaf Kardo Mujhe.'

'P.S. This is the very first copy of my new novel that is about to be out tomorrow.'

Shaking his head at her cute tactics, he folded the note neatly and put it in his shirt pocket.

He then glance at the page to find the same cover of his and her with the book title. He again turn the page to find the contents of the book. He once again turn the page and his heart stilled and started beating again more wildly. And time seems to stopped for him. And all that matters was the words that was in front of him.

'This one is for you Saqib, my husband and my forever best friend. With whom I am in deeply love with.

Thank you for existing in my life and always being there for me. Whether it be my happy moments or my worst nightmare.

This book is for you, for me. For us.'

He wasn't aware that he was helding his breath the whole time when he was reading the dedication. A huge smile slides across his face. He could hear his heartbeats in his ears.

He re-read it again and again. Until his heart believes what he's reading. He was waiting for this day from so long. For her to love him too. And now that she confessed, it feels so unreal. Like a dream that he fears to wake up from.