Prologue

Prologue

Apollo's POV

Thunder boomed. Lightning flashed. Mount Olympus shook.

I rolled my eyes at my father's wrath. I wasn't a freaking mortal child. I could do whatever I pleased, no matter how much Father showed off with his whole 'thunder and lightning, fear me act.'

As I gazed out at the land below Mount Olympus in longing to be normal, I heard soft, swift footsteps approaching.

"Apollo, my dear brother."

I turned when I heard her words, to see my beautiful maiden sister. Her long, full moon silver hair fell off her shoulders perfectly, but her pretty gaze looked sad.

"I know what you long for," She stated in a quiet voice.

My golden eyes met her silver ones before I replied, "You will not stop me, Artemis."

"I won't even try. But forever, brother? Forever will you be gone?"

"Not forever. But until I figure out who she is."

When I say 'she,' I mean the girl of my dreams. Literally. She's been haunting me. I don't usually have dreams, since I don't usually sleep. But whenever I even close my eyes, an image of her long ink black hair, and dark stormy gray eyes fills my mind.

Artemis nodded, in a sorrowful understanding.

"Be safe, brother. I will count the days until your return, and I shall do my best to keep your trail hidden from Zeus's wrath."

I smiled at my twin sister, knowing she understood me only too well. Though she pledged to never fall in love, she knew I had to find the girl who haunted me.

"That is more than I could have ever asked of you."

With those words, a golden stallion appeared by my side. His mane and tail were flames. Literally. Though it didn't affect me.

I mounted the steed with ease, and Artemis stroked his neck.

"May your journey be swift and safe, and may Sol never stumble," She murmured. Yup. My stallion's name was Sol. After the Greek word for sun. How incredibly fitting.

I glanced at Artemis one final time before Sol turned and took off, and we disappeared into ray of sunlight.

Now how's that for an classy exit?

Us Greek Gods/Goddesses have a way with that.

Yeah. You heard me. I'm Apollo. The greek God of the sun, prophecies, archery, poetry, music, blah blah blah, etc.

Enjoy the story of my journey to find her.