Chapter 1 (Beginning tales, small wonders)

.: Mikas Point of View:;

You see I dreamt my life out differently. I saw myself going into one of the top beauty schools in New York City. Or becoming a fashion designer after studying from one of the best schools in the world. Or what I thought was best at the time.

At first I wanted to be a writer. Write novels or a series like Haley Abbott and her summer boys. I had doubters take on me. For instance my Step-mother. Always doubted me. There was never a day where I would hear the "congratulations" or the "You can do it". So if the writing didn't go so well as I thought it would go, I would lean towards cosmetics and the fashion department. I enjoyed playing with make-up ever since I was little. I would always get in trouble by my mom every time I took her make up kit, but when ever I finished she always told me that I was getting better at apply the lip stick and the eye shadow and blush.

When I was 11, I bought my very own first compact powder. In 6th grade I would powder my nose cause that was when my skin started to get oily. I would always end up being shiny and I disliked it. Well I soon started to break out. I guess I never got the good genes of the family. Throughout Junior high, my face would always be covered in make-up till one day I just dropped it all and said no more.

I'm not gonna lie and say I never wore it ever again. Cause that would be infact a lie. I did wear make-up occasionally and wore every now and then, but it was rare for someone to see me with make-up on.

By 11th grade, I would hang out with new friends, but still keep my old ones. I've grown up with them, I couldn't ever let them go. I had to admit, I sometimes felt so out of place. So different. Especially after that one night at a friends party. I felt like I was being watched. I had a drink in one hand and danced around. Partied, screamed shouted, posed in pictures. Like the typical teenager, I was having a blast. As I went to get another drink, I bumped into someone and stopped short.

"Aww shit" I blurted out trying to catch my fall. After I got the balancing act done, I looked over at the guy who bumped me

"Oh fuck" The boy cried and tried to dry his shirt. Once he was done he looked up at me. He was one of the most goregous guys I've seen so far tonight.

"I'm so sorry" I pleaded. I wanted to help wipe off whatever alcohol was left on him, but no napkins were around.

"Hey, it's alright. No worries" He reassured me. " I'm Isacc" he introduced himself and stuck out his hand for me to take. A smile appeared on his face

I took his hand and shook. "I'm Mika" I began. "How do you know Andrea?"

"Friend of mine used to go out with her." He explained "And nice gripe" He added.

"Thanks." This time I offered him a smile.

For some reason as I continued to stare at the boy, I got this feeling that he wasn't what he seems. But maybe it was just the paranoria, the lsd and the drinks playing tricks on me. So I brushed it off.

Ever since that night, We hung out. For months to even a whole year. Talked on the phone. Facebook. He came over a few times and finally introduced me to his friends. They all had dreams that they wanted to pursue. To be a major hit band. But who knew how much that would work. Then there was one day, he invited me to go camping with him and his friends and their girls up on the mountains. I wanted to go, I did turn 18 after all. So I went. I mean why not. Plus his friends and their girls and me and Isacc. Sounded perfect.

"Mika, I don't want you going" My step-mother shouted.

"Janine. I'm tired of you always baggering me, telling me I can't do this, I can't do that. I'll never become this, I'll never make it"

"Mika I am serious. I will call your father." She threatend.

"Go Ahead. I'll just tell him that the man who keeps calling, uhm..who is that" I said and placed my index finger on my lips tapping it as if I were pondering. "oh yeah, Your boyfriend Trevor, is asking for 3,000 dollars every chance he gets"

"You bitch" She snapped.

"You know it" I said and smiled. I pushed past her with my bag and went into her room and took her wallet and money she kept in her drawer. I'm a sneaky bitch when it comes to someone trying to sabotaging my familys dowery. My father makes a fortune. "I'll hold on to these. Oh and don't try to sneak with using the other credit cards. those were already clipped and I put them under a new name and changed the pin"

"And how'd you do that. " She asked crossing her arms over her chest. her skin tone practically matched with her beige outfit

"Fake ID with your name on it" I said and pulled out three fake ID's. One with her name, one with mine and one with a random. I put them back into my mini skirt pocket and went down the stairs. "See you next week. Hope you can last with a hundred" I called out as I left the house and hopped into the waiting van.

"So where are we going?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. This time I wore a little make-up. I figured I looked at least a little good.

"I can't tell you" Isacc began and revved the engine and drove off. "It's a surprise" He smiled at me.

"Yeah, but you're gonna love it though" his friend Matthew told me elbowing me.

I nodded my head. Maybe Janine was right. Something about this felt weird.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but something jsut wasn't right. Something was up.