Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4:

There's nothing more annoying than Sadie.

I'm serious.

Sadie Hawkins (or something like that. I don't pay attention to that kind of thing.) was so annoying. Girls always glared at me for being with Alex. And everyone kept on asking him. I swear, even gays asked him out.

And you don't even want to know what Alex's response was? Oh, you do?

His response to everyone was, "Someone already asked me." and a shrug.

"Awww." Bimbo number one cooed. "But I thought we were something."

"You though." Alex replied coldly.

Bimbo number two and three helped bimbo number one walk away. "Is it her?" Number one asked Alex. I swear she was so desperate. Normally I wouldn't have cared, but the girl got on my nerves. I stiffened and faced her.

"What makes you say that I'm the one going with Alex?" I asked her in a calm but angry tone. At least I think it sounded like that.

Girlie (her other nickname was just so tiring to say) smirked. "Defensive aren't we?"

I pursed my lips into a straight line. "I was just asking."

"Well, for one you two are like, always together, and I'm like ohemgee, why are they even hiding it?"

I rolled my eyes. "What do we have to hide?"

I could feel Alex's hard gaze behind my head. Don't ask how, it's like an instinct.

"We all know that you, Annie, are not a vi-" I cut her off. I clenched my fists and gathered my balls (In the metaphor way). "First off, my name is VANAH. And second, I am still, in fact, pure. I haven't even had a boyfriend yet. Even less, my first kiss."

I felt a hand on my right shoulder. I turned around. "What do you want?!"

"Chillax, girl." He said. My eyes widened in surprise. "Cain?"

He nodded. "Vanah, you have to chill."

"Why?" I asked.

He leaned in closer and whispered into my ear. "You're causing a scene."

"Oh." I muttered. I looked around and saw that everyone was staring at us. I leaned on the lockers and stared at them.

"What?" I asked everyone.

They all started to walk away. Not before I shot a glare at the bimbos, and while they were also glaring at me, one of them tripped due to their stilettos, and the pebbled ground.

Everyone snickered then finally walked away, leaving Cain and me behind.

He extended an arm out like a gentleman and led the way to the cafeteria. I wanted to bury my face into my hands so badly, but it would just tell them that I'm weak. I searched my mind for something to say.

"Thank you, Cain." I muttered.

"No problem." He replied.

Cue awkward silence...

We were both silent until we got to the cafeteria.

"Hey, Vanah!" Someone called me.

I turned around and searched for the source of the voice and saw Jake, Alex's dude bes friend waving for me. I held out one finger to Cain which meant one moment. He nodded and I trudged over to the popular table.

"Yeah?" I asked Jake.

"Do you have any idea how much trouble you and Alex are causing?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"We'll start from the top."

"We?" I asked.

He nodded gesturing around the whole table.

"Oh. Is it okay if Cain was here?"

"Sure!" Zoey Price, one of Jake's other friends replied in a cheery voice.

I waved my hand and gestured for Cain to come to the table. He shook his head. I glared at him. He chuckled then went to the table.

"Oops." Jake said though grit teeth. "No more seats."

"That's okay." Calypso, one of the seniors said. "I'll stand."

"No. It's fine. There's an empty seat over there by the window."

Calypso's eyes widened. "Can I sit with you?"

Cain shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

Calypso looked like she might just die right there. She waved at us then walked away with Cain.

I looked at Jake who was still glaring at Cain. "Jealous?" I teased him. He turned slightly red.

"No." He defended.

I chuckled. "Calypso?"

He shook his head and looked at a certain someone. I followed his gaze and saw Zoey. "She's been fangirling over him since he got here." He said in an annoyed tone.

I chuckled.

He slapped my arm softly. (Whatever. It still hurt me.)

"We're not here to talk about my love life," he said, dismissing the subject. "We're here to talk about yours."

Everyone in the table turned to us.

More specifically, me.

"What?" I asked them.

"Alex gets detention a lot, yeah?" Zoey asked me.

I nodded.

"We've counted that all of those times were because of fights." Jake told me.

"How does this concern my nonexistent love life?"

"He gets into fights because of you, Vanah."

I just had one thing to say about that... "What?!"

__________________________________