𝚇𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚇𝚒𝚊𝚗

================================

Date 27/6
Time 7:00 am

          "Everything has to be perfect," I commented, flipping through the costs of ingredients, napkins, and silverware that had been delivered to the restaurant this morning. " Did the chef you hire manage to prepare the menu? Get familiar with the kitchen?"

           Kaeya sighed at the sight of me pacing back and forth in the dining room, papers, and file clutches in both hands. " Take it easy, I told you I took care of it all, did you even sleep?" His scolding entered one of my ears and left through the other.

          He did not bother any further and made himself comfortable at one of the bar's stools, inviting himself to a cup of fine wine, before smacking a good nine-thousand- mora on the counter. " Sir Kaeya, you really shouldn't drink on the job . . ." Thoma frowned in disapproval, from behind the counter, at Kaeya's actions.

         Heck, even the rat on Thoma's shoulder was looking Kaeya up and down with suspicion. " How many times did I tell you to get rid of that rat?" the one-eyed man retorted,  disinterested, running his thumb over the rim of the cup, with his one good eye glancing back at me. " Don't you agree, Boss?"

           Thoma stiffened as the attention was transferred to me and my judgment, big apple green eyes looking at me pleadingly. Kaeya loved every bit of the orchestra about to play before his presence. I bit at my lip and felt something bubbling deep within my gut as Kaeya sipped his glass amusingly and clicked his tongue. " This wine ain't bad ~ Dawn Winery still better though," he hummed despite the tense silence hanging in the air.

         Thoma glared at him, which unfortunately did not seem so threatening thanks to the bunny ears headband he had on. " It's not good for you!" The blonde pushed forward with his statement.

"What are you, my mom ?"

        " For fucks sake both of you shut up !" I slammed my hand down on the surface of the counter between them, and that was enough to make Thoma shrink back, clutching the cloth he was using to wipe the counter nervously, and Lucky hugging his neck with his naked tail quivering. " You get that rat away from anyone's sight! As for you, start taking your job more seriously!"

           I yanked Kaeya by the ear and stared him dead in the eyes, which I had refused to look at directly ever since he started working here. Taking  the half-empty wine glass from his hand, I pulled the trigger," When you are here, you don't drink until we have pleased customers coming in and out, if you fuck this up you can go work for that god forbid mother-fucker!"

           His blue eye stared at me in disbelief at the end of my words. He knew whom I meant, but alas kept his trap shut; however, making an exception to let out a wince of pain as I tightened my grip on his ear in confirmation. He managed an agonized guilt-ridden smile, before wincing in pain. The little rat let out a horrified, squeaky scream and jumped off Thoma's shoulder, making a run to the small wooden gap located at the corner of the room. Its small grey figure disappeared in a matter of seconds. "Little miss~" a familiar voice burst into the restaurant as Childe came in through the entrance, throwing himself at me, arms wrapped around my neck and ignoring the situation at hand. " I cleaned up the sign just like you asked me to do ~"

           Dead- blue pupils eyed Kaeya for a second, before a smirk cracked as the corner of his lips. While an odd tension flickered between the two, I reminded squished against Childe's chest, feeling the the small buttons of the blouse, tucked under a vest , press against my cheek; and the perfect curve of his chest taking most of my vision . "You shouldn't annoy little miss ~" Childe emphasized.

          "Alright ladies, please have your bitch-eye staring contest somewhere else," Janet came out from the kitchen with a familiar looking young girl behind her, navy blue hair and in a short, orange , Chinese dress with simple embroidery decorating it; big brown eyes looking around at all the new faces in the room, before setting on Kaeya.

         "Sir Kaeya!" She waved cheerily at him, her smile only widened upon spotting me as well . " Janet and Kaeya told me so much about you ma'am ! I'll do my very best !!"

          " Ma'am? You're making me feel old here ," I awkwardly chuckled as Childe's embrace loosened, giving me a chance to escape. "You're the chef right ? Kaeya did you manage to find her an assistant?"

           The blue haired man chuckled awkwardly at my question and looked away in guilt, " Well. . ."

           " I adjusted the menu to simple dishes so that I can cook them alone, " Xainling smiled, before rushing to the kitchen and returning with a wrapped platter of meat. " The menu consists of Chinese cuisine as the appetizers and main dishes. I'm not really good with desserts . . . So we had to order those from Lawrence bakery, but the beverages–"

          " STOP ," I sighed and held my head hopelessly in my hand.

          Part of me wanted to blame the wine-loving-good-for-norhing manager for this, but it was perhaps my fault for trying to snoop into his business instead of focusing on the restaurant instead. The place fell silent and I agonized over the whole situation. " Xainling. . . " I began, huffing in distress. " Can you handle working alone in the kitchen until I find you an assistant?"

          If I got arrested for overworking kids then THAT I planned on blaming Kaeya for it. " Boss . . . Are you good? You're glaring at me . . . " the half-blind man seemed as if he was breaking a sweat, however, I suspected it was not exactly me he feared.

         " Tsk tsk you're making my baby boo angry ~" Janet pukered her lips into a dramatic pout and pulled me towards her form behind and away from the group.  " You guys won't get any bonuses if we don't make some money ~"

          All four got to their feet and stood in a straight line, Kaeya however seemed to have his eyes warily following each of Janet's movements. . . Like he knew something the others did not. " Did you like to train them?" I glanced at Janet, but she was busy looking through her Prada purse, before yanking out her phone and walking away without saying another word; disappearing into the kitchen.
" And there she goes . . . "

           Running my hand through the brown bangs of my hair, I turned to Kaeya. " You. . . .We have a lot to talk about," my word only made amusement flicker over his features. " Wipe that smile or your ears get it. "

"I'll have to file a report on the abusive working environment then~"

================================================================
With the new Chapter of B.B.P published I'll be working on the special chapters for Kinktober so stay tuned and comment on whom you're looking forward to seeing in the special :

Choose your bunny boi :
- Childe/Tartaglia/Ajax
- Al-Haitham
-Kaeya
-Diluc
-Thoma
-Itto
-Gorou
-Wirothesley (If you can pronounce his name you're definitely a simp)
-Kaveh
-Cyno
-Tighnari