𝟎𝟏 My Fake Cousin

Start from the beginning

"Dude, don't torture yourself," He told Miguel. Miguel pursed his lips. He looked back to Yasmine and Sam who continued eating their food. "Do... do you ever talk to them?" asked Miguel.

Demetri scoffed, "Oh yeah! All the time." He joked. Maggie rolled her eyes, "We hang out after school, make out..." Demetri trailed off. "Give each other hand jobs." His expression went from sarcasm to serious.

Miguel rolled his eyes and went to his food. "Eli here is the homecoming king!" Demetri looked to Maggie who was eating and looking down at her food. Demetri knew the two liked each other for a while since they met in fact.

"Gets laid more than anyone. Especially by Maggie! Isn't that right, Eli?" Demetri joked. Eli and Maggie both looked at Demetri and then at each other.

They both blushed. "Wait wait wait? Are Maggie and Eli dating?" Miguel asked. Demetri ignored his question and went on. "Talk to them? You realize what table you're sitting at, right?"

"You pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college," Demetri added.

"You've entered the rejects pile," Maggie sarcastically smiled before she noticed that Eli looked away from Maggie and to Yasmine. "Oh shit, Yasmine's looking at us." Eli quieted down fidgeting with his sleeves. "Probably just making fun of me..."

"I don't think she's making fun of you," Miguel stated. "I mean, just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean." He added one more time. "Do you realize who you're talking about, Miguel?" Maggie asked.

"Yasmine, Moon, Kyler, and Brucks make fun of people 24/7. I would think about that again," Maggie finished, looking back to Yasmine. Eli looked away, Demetri still staring at Yasmine.

"I don't care if Yasmines the meanest girl at school." He blurted out. "I'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face," Maggie crossed her arms. "Thanks for the information, Demetri." She replied as Demetri and Miguel had a conversation about making a move on a girl.

The conversation stopped after a while, Miguel standing up and walking towards Yasmine's table. "Miguel! What are you doing?" asked Maggie. "Striking first," Miguel replied.

Maggie shook her head, "You'll get burned alive! Just like Anakain Skywalker!" Maggie explained as Miguel didn't listen to her words and kept walking closer.

Maggie looked away from Miguel for one second to notice Kyler and Brucks coming to the table. Maggie rolled her eyes. She knew what he was doing with Samantha LaRusso this school year. Once Miguel was stopped by Kyler and Brucks, Kyler waved to Miguel as her brother began laughing.

He sighed and went back to the table. "So, how'd it go?" Demetri asked. "Sorry about the guy that looks exactly like me," Maggie started. Miguel nodded his head, "Yeah he looks like he could be your-"

"Brother?" Maggie cut Miguel off. "That's 'cause he is." She smiled lopsidedly. "He's my brother... or cousin? No, no, my twin brother for sure."

"He's your cousin? But he's your brother at the same time?" Miguel asked. Demetri rolled his eyes before he interrupted Miguel. "Kyler is her actual brother, not her actual... cousin." He started to explain. Miguel was still confused.

Maggie decided to take over, Demetri wasn't great at explaining when it came to Maggie's family life. "When Kyler and I came into high school, he started calling me his cousin from China. That I was staying with him for the rest of my life here in LA. So, I became the Fake Cousin ever since,"

"I'm... I'm sorry he's been telling everyone that." Miguel apologized. Maggie shrugged, "It's not your fault to apologize, Miguel." Maggie smiled. "Karma's coming for him soon enough." She looked back to her brother who made direct contact with her before she rolled her eyes and went back to talking to her friends.