Chapter 4

The exam hall was unusually quiet, much more so than a typical classroom setting. Students were engrossed in their papers, but suddenly, something happened that drew everyone's attention away.

Taekook was diligently working on his exam, completely absorbed in his writing. However, when he adjusted his seating position slightly, a small, folded piece of paper fell from the left pocket of his pants. Unaware of this, he continued with his work, but the teacher noticed the paper immediately, causing a wave of shock among the students.

The teacher picked up the paper, unfolding it to reveal it was a cheat sheet.

"Taekook!" The Teacher shouted.

"Yes, sir?" Taekook replied.

"What is this?" The Teacher held up the paper.

"I don't know, sir." Taekook replied genuinely.

"This is a cheat sheet that just fell from your pocket." The Teacher replied, fumming in anger.

"But sir, this isn’t mine. I don’t know how it ended up in my pocket." Taekook replied.

"So you're saying I'm accusing you falsely?" The Teacher got more angry.

"No, sir, I—" Taekook could not finish his sentence as....

"Enough! We’re going to the principal’s office right now." The Teacher declared after cutting Taekook's sentence in middle. 

The teacher escorted Taekook to the principal's office, where the principal called Taekook's parents.

...........

(AT PRINCIPAL's OFFICE)

Taehyung entered the Principal's office and saw Taekook standing there, head lowered.

"Ah, Mr. Kim, please have a seat." The Principal said to Taehyung.

Taehyung sat down and asked, "Sir, could you tell me what my son did?"

"Your son is our school's top student, but today he really disappointed us. Mr. Lee, his teacher, observed something troubling in the exam hall. It was quite hard to believe." The Principal replied.

"Sir, what exactly did he do?" Taehyung asked.

"Mr. Lee saw a cheat sheet fall from Taekook's pocket during the exam." The Principal replied being disappointed.

Taehyung's eyes filled with anger. He was so ashamed of his son that he struggled to find words. "I am deeply ashamed of him, sir. I assure you that my son will never make this mistake again." He replied.