Bitter Rejection

• इन्हें समर्पित: limesrgreat

Sahl's P.O.V.:

              The cold, dark silence haunted me throughout the night as I tried hard to settle myself in the small space. I was so close... she was so close. I threw a fist against the wall and flinched as the pain consumed my thoughts for a few seconds. My wolf wanted to take over and fight our way to her.

          She was the one. We were so close! Why can't we just break our way out and just explain everything! You know everyone! Why won't they remember?

         I sighed, fustrated, "It's not like they're going to have home-made cookies and balloons waiting from the second they see me. It's been years! I've changed- both physically and mentally! ...And I barely recognize their faces."

            He growled, angry, I am not going to be stuck here mourning your failure! Imagine how I feel! I can get us both out of here."

           I rolled my eyes, "C'mon, think will ya? If they find us roaming about... NOT in this cell, then it's going to be harder than the situation that we are in now."

          I growled. This is ridiculous! Without thinking, my hand curled in a ball and fisted itself against the hard dirty cement wall. Pain flared. "Argh!" I withdrew my hand and fisted my other hand to punch the wall again in fustration.

          "I wouldn't do that if I were you," someone said as my other fist swung in mid-air. I froze. "Who's there?" My eyes zeroed into the dark. A darker silhouette framed itself in the dank emptiness.

            It hesitated and then slowly moved closer to the window of my cell door. Slowly his shadowed face came into view. I held my breath. Then, "You remember me?!" He backed away from the door quickly in alert and looked around, "Quiet! Someone could hear!"

          "You remember me, don't you?" I questioned, thanking all of the Gods above. No one had known who I was when I crossed the boundary line. I leaned against the bars of the window, "Andy... it's Sahl... your cousin," I whispered hesitantly at the end.

          He didn't respond. I went up closer to the window, "Did you keep your promise? Did you take care of her? Is she okay?"

            He looked me hard in the eyes. It was hard for him to hold it back but here were visible tears, "You died, Sahl. That night... there was a huge rainstorm... how?"

          "What?..." I shook my head, unable to believe what he was saying. He continued through his thick emotion, "You ran away like you said you might.. and the pack found your smell and your tracks, but they returned with your death. You had drowned... they couldn't find your body because your smell disappeared outside our land and it was too faint to tell for sure if you were still alive or not. They declared you dead."

          I was still shaking my head, "I was hoping to fake my death so it'd be easier for her to let go of me... but she doesn't even remember me, does she?" I finished in angry suspicion, remembering her stumbling into the clearing earlier today naked... she didn't even give me one glance.

          "Does she even know she has a brother?" I questioned. Andy looked at me, his eyes wide. I growled and slammed my unhurt hand against the bars of the window, " What the hell happened, Andy? I went and faked my death, battled for my new position as a low ranked member of an entirely different pack, lived in hell for years for her safety just to come back as a rogue living in this-this hellhole, only to find that it didn't matter whatever I did?"

          I fumed and gripped the bars so hard, I wondered if my dried knuckles were bleeding, "It was all for nothing. She doesn't remember me."

          Andy still didn't say anything. 

          "Say something damn it!" 

          Finally, he stood his ground and met my eyes once more, "Sahl. You have to understand that I did everything I could. After you left, things... changed.  Your mom and dad divorced and- and she had to move in with your mom... in New York. She only just moved back here a few days ago. She didn't know she was a werewolf or anything... didn't even know about her shift until it happened, and now she- she's found her mate. She- I don't think she remembers me either. She didn't acknowledge me as her cousin... just another pack member." 

          My wolf felt like he wanted to rip my insides out and do something-anything to have her remember us. I could feel my face pale from hearing every sentence Andy had said... one after another. "What about today? Why was she naked? And why did she have those bruises against her side?" Suddenly, I fumed, "If her- her mate hurt her, I swear..." the word "mate" felt sour in my mouth.

          Andy's face couldn't pale any farther, "Oh, she-you missed a lot. Her mate would never do that to her. She-she accidently crossed over into another pack during her shift and now their Alpha has an eye on her... an eye that's glued on her, and her mate's put a little extra effort to keep her safe."

          "She's in danger? Who's the Alpha? ... and who's her mate? Is he strong enough to protect her?"

          He hesitated, then, "The Alpha's name is Nicholas. But her mate... he's sort of the Alpha of our pack right now."

          I stood up straight, "What? You're telling me that her mate is the bastard who ordered me into this cell?"  

New Life For The Lunaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें