The prewedding and wedding rituals from her side

Before a Muslim wedding, many rituals take place to prepare and purify the to-be-weds and their families. In our case it was same too. Here's a sampling:

Henna Party

Henna (or Mehndi) parties are held for most Muslim brides. They are usually celebrated a few days before the wedding with close women friends and family. Special artists create designs on the bride's hands and feet with henna paste, resulting in a deep red stain that lasts several weeks. Henna designs simultaneously protect and adorn the bride -- and the party creates a female bonding opportunity.

Nioshi's hand, I saw a beautiful mehendi, with 'D' letter in between. I looked at her and smiled. She was blushing too.

Take a Bath

Water is used throughout Muslim countries to cleanse the couple and prepare them for marriage.

Ohh, what a torture she would have faced, I thought and felt pitty on her.

Tumeric Ceremony

For the bride's Gae Halud, the groom's family (minus the groom) brings gifts of silk and jewels. The women wear yellow saris with red borders (traditional Bengali wedding colors), and the men wear long silken tunics. The bride, also dressed in a sari, sits on a platform surrounded by flowers. The groom's mother ties a rakhi (a fringed golden bracelet) around the bride's wrist as a symbol of engagement, not to be removed until after the wedding.

Nioshi's mother offered that beautiful bracelet, made of gold. Atleast something, was interesting, in these rituals.

Guests approach the bride one by one to rub turmeric on her face and on their own faces. Turmeric, a spice, leaves skin with a coppery glow, brings good luck, and wards off evil spirits. Each guest then feeds the bride something sweet, such as kheer -- rice pudding. A similar Gae Halud is held for the groom.

I felt disgusting and annoyed, I mean, what the hell was that? Were they guests, or total China population? They came, and came, and came, and rubbed turmeric at every parts of my body. I doubt, if somebody had rub their too! I am just fed up of these rituals. It was far better to run away, with Nioshi.

NIKAH

The most awaited moment had came in both of our lives.

Nioshi were being brought by her Amma, and by her friends. She sat on a cozy pillow sort of thing, and infront of her, a netted curtain was present. The same thing was for me too.

The aged priest came to me first.

"Mst. Dhruv Roy, kya apko yeh shaadi qubool he?" He asked, whether I agree to this marriage or not.

"Qubool he, qubool he, qubool he!" I said three times, that yeah, I agree. It's not because I was excited, and hence told three times, but it was a ritual.

As I said those words, I saw Nioshi, with a hint of a smile, at one corner.

Now he went to Nioshi.

"Saheeba Nioshi Al-Khatun, kya apko yeh shaadi qubool he?"

"Qubool he, qubool he, qubool he!" She said those words, that will reverberate in my ears, for the rest of my life.

As soon as she said this, the whole banquet hall roared. They were more happy, than both of us.
When everyone was howling shouting, I looked at Mr. & Mrs. Al-Khatun. They were happy, as their daughter was happy, and married. Suddenly, I tried looking at her, behind those nets. When I looked at her, I saw she was staring at me. I winked and smiled. She blushed.

Atlast you are mine, and I am yours 'forever'. I LOVE YOU!!