Chapter 2 - My Mate's Bedroom

"I've been trying to bring you both here for five months. But I obviously haven't been successful until now." Alexandra twirls a lock of honey-gold hair around her finger. "I was thinking..."

Helion jokes, "Should I be concerned?"

I smile and Alexandra shoots him a playful glare before continuing. "I was thinking...I've read about your stories and seen all that you have both experienced through those books, but  besides the dreams, you haven't really seen where I come from."

Sensing where this is going, I raise my brows and say, "You're going to bring us into your world."

She nods, her hands still wrapped tightly around the wine bottle. "Would you be interested?"

Instead of offering a verbal answer, I lean forward to kiss her on the cheek, prompting an immediate blush. "Of course, Alex."

In an instance, the chairs and table disappear, along with the wine--much to my dismay--and we are standing by the white door again. But Alexandra makes no move to touch the knob, instead turning around to face us. "I should warn you of a few things." 

She gestures to my red dress and Helion's white outfit that bordered the line between a robe and a dress. "Firstly, when we enter, your clothing will change." 

In the dreams I had of my mate, they referred to our world (Prythian and the courts) as something out of a 'fantasy' film. If we are to intrude on this so-called modern society, it makes sense to blend in and not garner too much attention, including through wearing more suitable clothing. 

Upon receiving a nod of understanding from us, Alexandra proceeds. "Secondly, your magic will not work in my world." She inclines her head to Helion. "This also means you won't be recognised as a High Lord." 

Helion blows out a breath, as if contending with the fact that he won't be the centre of attention for once and will be just as common as the next person. I nearly roll my eyes. High Lord's and their enormous egos. 

He says, "Well, I suppose I'd better make the most of my powers while I've got them."

Before Alexandra can respond, Helion winnows forward and gently cups her face, an invisible spell binding both arms behind her back, rendering her immobile. Her lips part in a silent gasp and Helion takes a moment to stare at those precious lips, his eyes darkening to a deep amber. Then, he inches closer and kisses her. 

Gently, at first. Simply indulging in her sweet taste, as I imagine it to be so. 

But when my mate lets out a surprised moan, whatever tether had been holding the High Lord in check seems to snap. Plunging both hands into that golden hair, he slips a tongue past those precious lips and groans into her mouth. Alexandra is stunned, frozen and eyes wide. I watch from the side lines, arms crossed and foot tapping on the white floor as I resist the urge to launch over to my mate and pull her into my embrace. 

Mine. 

As if sensing my growing impatience, Alexandra pulls away from Helion, panting softly. She scans his dark admittedly handsome face and then turns that sweet gaze to me. Forgiveness is asked for in those ocean eyes, and the tension in my shoulders instantly melts. I smile and nod. 

Helion steps back, albeit reluctantly, and Alexandra takes a second to collect herself. Her face is a flaming red and her lips swollen. It nearly makes me winnow forward for my own taste, but I suppress the instinct. 

Not the time. Not the place. 

Still, there is that envious, undying part of me that wants to take that kiss. To claim what is mine. 

Picking an invisible speck of dust off his robe-dress, Helion shoots a suggestive look Alexandra's way. "Still think that we're fictional?" He gestures to her dishevelled appearance. 

She rolls her eyes and peers at the ground demurely, that permanent blush staining her cheeks. I click my fingers and the wrinkles from her shirt disappear. The High Lord flicks his amber eyes to me, pure smugness written in his gaze. I glare at him, the only confirmation of his silent victory. 

This time, asshole. 

Reading that jealousy, he smirks and then takes another step back, returning the informal circle to its original lay out. 

Alexandra clears her throat. "These are just some rules I made upon learning how to reality shift. You remember I told you about shifting?" I nod, prompting her to continue. "The world we will be entering is sort of like a replica of the real one but it exists within the confines of my inner consciousness." She taps a finger against her temple. "It will feel real and it is real...sort of."

She lets loose a breath and I wait patiently for her to form the words. "Even though the world stems from my consciousness, I still will not be able to predict the people in it. I will not be able to manipulate how others perceive or judge me, including you two."

A sort of relief floods me in knowing that my feelings are real. This is real. 

"If that's the case, then you'll know it's real when I do this." Stepping forward, I close the distance between us and gently lift her chin with a finger. 

Ocean eyes search that of golden and I smile softly before placing a feather light kiss on her lips. My mate, as if determined to re-assert dominance, decides to reach out a hand and drift it up, up, up my torso. She deepens the kiss, eliciting a moan from me but before she can take it any further I pull away. 

Her face is flaming red again and I wonder if I'll ever get tired of that rosy blush. 

So innocent and lovely. 

So submissive. 

Panting softly, I step back to find Helion smirking at us both. I lift a brow, daring him to speak. As if in surrender, he raises his hands and then flicks amber eyes back to my mate. 

His mate, too, I suppose. 

"Are we ready, then?" 

Laying a hand on the knob, Alexandra pauses for a moment before pulling it open. She steps through, followed by Helion, then myself. 

When I finally cross the threshold that separates my mate's world from my own, I am met with instant darkness. After being in such a well-lit room of white, the lack of lighting takes a second to adjust to, even with my Fae eyesight. Helion seems to be struggling with the same as he whips out a hand, trying to conjure a spell of light. When nothing comes of it, there is a brief moment in which his brows furrow in confusion before clarity dawns on him and he lets out a frustrated sigh. 

Alexandra giggles and pats him on the back. "Now you know how I feel about not getting used to your winnowing."

Scanning the space, I recognise it almost immediately. An un-made bed with a duvet lazily draped on top of it. A cream-white desk which I recall being sculpted from a place called 'Ikea'. And on the wall opposite, a door and three adjacent cupboards, all of which are adorned with various pictures of fictional characters--some of which I know. 

My mate's bedroom. 

Wassup readers,

Here is Chapter Two. I think you can all see where I'm going with this--it's all about reality shifting and Alexandra introducing them to her world. 

I hope you enjoyed the PG-rated smut! There's more to come...(excuse the pun). 

Farewell for now :)