The worst part. I don't know why I didn't see this coming, but Charles was everywhere. T-shirt's, posters in all the shops, specials at bakeries, busses passing with his face on them. I found it quite amusing with the rest of our friends, but my mind would fail at distracting itself whenever I biked around the city. Images of Charles always returning. Feelings, phantom touches, dreams, and memories flooding back all week.

Monaco Life: Charles Leclerc spotted with new woman at Monaco's outdoor movie event last week

Monaco Life: Charles Leclerc spotted with new woman at Monaco's outdoor movie event last week. Looks like he may have a type.
~
I finally caved after hitting around with Gabriel. He wanted to know my favorite bakery, and I shared about Riviera. His move was smooth as he told me to show him on the way home, his claim was he needed some pastries for a game night he was hosting for the tennis people.

Knowing I had to miss due to Max and Kelly inviting me to dinner, I sighed letting him know I would join to help. We biked over to the shop and I watched while he navigated the moment. He ordered two coffees then claimed he needed a moment to review pastries leaving us sitting a private table and truly talking about something other than tennis for the first time. I'd let him have this moment, he was persistent and finally reached his goal after a few weeks. Our interactions leading up to this had always been pleasant.

"We might have to make this a weekly thing," he smiled at me. "This place is great.

"It doesn't take much to get me here, careful what you offer," I replied back.

"You seem to really like it here, yeah," he said.

"They do have the best tea and apple turnovers," I hummed thinking about it.

"As a whole, like Monaco in general," Gabriel said with a chuckle.

I felt my cheeks blush embarrassed by my response. Gabriel threw a wink my way that made me think of Charles.

"Yeah it's pretty incredible. A bit of a safe haven because most people are too important or famous to care about us. Plus the beauty, the weather, and proximity to other places. You?"

"Yeah travel has been amazing," Gabriel replied. "And the scenery and biking everywhere can't be beat." I gave him a grin agreeing with him until a moment of silence fell over us. I shifted my eyes to my hands trying to think of something to say. "What are you doing this weekend. Please tell me you're in town," he asked breaking the quiet first.

"I am here, as for the weekend there's lot going on," I decided to be subtle. Kelly and Max weren't giving me an option, I would be attending the paddock under RedBull for two reasons. Max was forcing me stating Charles knew and didn't mind. Two, I was meeting with one of their directors to discuss sponsorship options. That one was a secret though, minus Max knowing.

"Oh thank god, everyone else is clearing out. There's that race here this weekend and I've always wanted to go. I got two tickets in the grand stands."

I opened my mouth to respond but held back not knowing what to say as I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. Truthfully, I had no idea how to approach this topic so I nervously sipped my coffee instead.

"You know about the Grand Prix right? It's impossible to miss this week. The posters of Monaco's love child are everywhere. How can you not love on Charles Leclerc this weekend, he's a local hero," Gabriel went on without stopping to breath. "And handsome, I'll let it rip." His comment made me cough up on my coffee, it spewed out of me.

He looked over amused at me while I covered my hand over my mouth. "What, you don't agree. You'd be the only woman in the world. You know people say we look alike, just not as devilishly handsome," he chucked.

I let out a giggle grabbing the napkin and shaking my head in disbelief. I let out a few coughs to clear my throat. "You're quite funny Gabriel. I had no idea you're such a Formula 1 fan."

He dropped his jaw. "So you do know about this weekend. Do you want to join me?"

"I have a secrete." He raised his eyebrows at me in anticipation. "Thank you for the invite, but I may already be in the paddock."

"Damn, ace me Florence Bonsee," he said with a gasp gaining another chuckle out of me. "Who do you know."

"Don't judge me for it, Max Verstappen. I'm close friends with his girlfriend too," I added trying to make it sound more nonchalant.

This time he choked up on his words, I was amused by watching him. "Well damn Florence, you're way cooler than me," he smiled. "I was worried you'd say Charles, I would never have a shot."

This time my smile fell, I couldn't brush off the comments anymore and it wasn't Gabriel's fault. He stopped his laugh looking at me. "I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong?"

I sighed putting my coffee down, I would have to face the truth. "No no. Gabriel, I'm sorry for the comment. But how much do you know about me?"

He let out a hummm, a playful grin pulling at his lips. "Well I know you're from Italy, you won the US Open, and I met you two years ago and thought you were really cool. I know you had a rough go in Australia with family stuff, I'm sorry for that. Med gave me a heads up when I first brought you up. Then you're in with the best driver ever and maybe the only girl who could resist Charles Leclerc's charm."

There it was again. I know he was kidding but I let out a sigh. "I'm gonna have to stop you while you're ahead," I said with a tone to keep the mood light. "While I enjoy your jokes, you should know Charles is my ex."

"You're joking," the smile still on his face.

I shook my head letting out a quiet nope. This time Gabriel's smile did fall.

"Shit," he sighed running his hand through his hair. "I didn't know, I'm sorry," he sighed.

"Nothing to apologize for, I just thought you should know."

He sighed crossing his arms and squeezing his eyes shut. "I'm an idiot and just nervous" he said. "My mouth can get me to dumb place's sometimes."

"Why don't we try again next week. Same place same time?"

My comment earned a smile, Gabriel giving a nod.