Chapter 37 ~Hospitals and Lies

Hope you enjoy this one! Vote and Comment! Follow me if you're not already!

Chrissy POV:

I paced back and forth in the waiting room, damn doctors! Seriously how long does it take to examine her injury!

"Jared why don't you go check on Sam, Christian go get some food." Sue told us

"Alright" Jared told her. I just nodded walking to the cafeteria. I know she just wanted our minds on something else, after all she's a mother and we're only teens seeing that much blood and it was awful. I may be a wolf but I will forever be haunted by the sight of Emily bleeding face. I grabbed some sandwiches and payed for them, I then walked back to the waiting room to see Sue, Leah, and Seth Clearwater on the phone with I assume Emily's family. I walked over to Seth first and handed him a sandwich. He smiled weakly and took it. I walked over to Leah and smiled weakly handing her one as well, she hesitated and then grabbed it. I sat next to Seth after I gave Sue hers and left mine on my lap, there's no way I could eat not after seeing all I've seen. As much as I am always hungry I'm not right now my wolf and I both agree we can't eat. Her family showed up just as the doctor came out to give an update.

"We've stitched her up, she's lucky she still has her eye. She won't wake up for a while due to the amount of blood loss. She can take visitors but I think we all need to know how this happened, what happened?" The doctor asked. Sue looked to me causing everyone else to look at me as well. I gulped and stood up from the chair.

"We were hiking, supposed to meet up with Sam and Jared, the bear got to us first she was closer to it. Too close. It all happened so fast, by the time Jared and Sam caught up, it was already gone and she was knocked out, blood everywhere." I lied. My mom, step mom always told me to never lie to a doctor unless absolutely necessary, and if I do never look them in the eye, they have some way if knowing the truth or when you're lieing. I looked him in the eye anyway, he looked unsure but as soon as he saw the fear in my eyes he nodded in pity. I sat back down while some of her family went to see her, I sighed and just sat there. Later Jared came back in and sat next to me, I glanced at him.

"You okay?" He asked me I turned to him.

"Yeah, maybe I don't know it's just all that blood it's haunting me." I told him. He sighed wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close trying to comfort me. Any other day it would've worked but right now, it's not helping, I don't know why. Maybe because I can't be comforted until I know she's alright. This is all my fault! If I hadn't messed with Sam so much than he wouldn't have been all grouchy!

"Hey Chrissy it's okay, okay?" He asked I nodded. That's when Seth came out and walked to us.

"She wants to see Sam, she's bugging for him." He said

"Okay, um how is she?"

"She's alright, she says her face burns. Where's Sam if he was with you two than shouldn't he be here?" Poor little Seth, you're so innocent.

"He couldn't face her, he blames himself for not getting there faster."  Jared said

"Jared why don't you go find him." I suggested he glanced at me before pulling away and walking out.

"So you and Jared? When did that happen?" Seth asked

"It didn't happen, we're just friends." I told him. He nodded.

"So what exactly happened again?" He asked me

"We were going for a hike and we went early, before the guys. In the middle of the hike the bear jumped out and attacked her. She was knocked out, and it looked at me like it was going to kill me but I guess it heard the guys and ran."

"Are you alright?" He asked I shook my head. I'm really not I'm scared, guilty, and I feel like I let everyone down!

"I'm fine Seth." He didn't look convinced so he pulled me up hugging me.