A little bit of Light (13)

*Ollie’s POV*

If I was a picture it would almost look like someone had folded a perfect line through my face. The scar, which still stung, was barely even visible. I couldn’t even understand how thin it was, and such a perfect cut to. True, it was ugly, but my face still looked like my face. There was just a line now.

I was back in my room. I had a packed backpack in my closet so next time I’d be better prepared and could spend the night in the park. I image that would be a very good thing for Henry. My dad had let my back in the house, by the way, so long as I promised not to call the cops.

I was all ready for school, though sometimes I wondered why I bothered. My dad would never pay for college and I wasn’t smart enough to get a scholarship. Nor was I athletic enough. I wasn’t really anything rather then boring. I examined my outfit.

Today’s Thursday theme was sparkles. I was basically a flamer, minus the voice. I had a light coating of silver sparkles on my eyelid and my nails were painted like wise. My undershirt was a plain black v neck, but the vest overtop was red and shimmering. It seemed to ripple with a wave of sparkles when I even shifted my weight. My pants were plain and black. I looked cute.

Grabbing my backpack I set out the door and started my walk to the bus stop. It was a nice day, so I was the only one actually on the bus other then Charlie, and we’d never really talked. He gave me an awkward smile as I strolled up. Well that was new, normally I didn’t exist. “Howdy do” I greeted.

He looked at me through timid eye’s, like I might spontaneously combust glitter on him. “Hi”

The bus happened to be taking its sweet time this morning, probably due to the stroke of good weather. Me and Charlie would glance at each other awkwardly every few seconds before looking away or at our feet. Finally, he decided to start a conversation. “So.. Umm.. Nice….vest?” he attempted.

“Gee, thanks. I didn’t think something like this would be your style…” I say politely.

Heat rushes into his face. “How did you know you were gay?” he asks so suddenly and eagerly I’m startled.

“Well.. How do you know your straight?” I shoot back “I just knew. Girls are icky…”

He actually cracks up a little at the last part, then sobers up. “No seriously though”

“I was being serious. I just liked guys. It just happened. No-scratch that. Nothing happened. It just was” I reply, getting bored with the conversation I’d had plenty of times before. People threw around words and stuff, saying I just wanted attention or was possessed by the devil. I actually just happened to think Taylor Lautner was extremely yummy. Oh-and a few other boys to.

“Oh” Charlie seemed disappointed by my answer. He shifted uncomfortably.

The bus pulled up, and entirely grateful, I got on.

**********************

Class was going to start in about twenty minutes and Tia was no where to be found. Don’t get me wrong-I had other friends. But I didn’t feel like having them gawk at my scar, wondering what possibly could have happened. So I wandered the more empty hallways.

Then oddly, I see Henry. I wave happily and make my way toward him, considering I already had an excuse for my scar and he was nicer then he seemed. Hell-he’d let me stay the night. The thought made me smile as I stop in front of him. “Hey Henry”

He quickly looks around “Ollie not now” he snapped, his eyes alarmed.

Confused, I followed his searching eye’s “Something wrong?”