Chapter - 02

Twelve years ago

In Xiao Estate

As usual of past few days, everyone of Xiao family was gathering in the living room while Xiao Zhan, the young heir of the family was having an argument with his father.

"Minister Xiao, I said I won't join the politics." Xiao Zhan said while glaring at his father.

"You will." Xiao Lin said while glaring at Zhan.

"I won't." Zhan said while gritting his teeth.

"But why? You are very good at politics. You are a born leader. You can easily take control on everything. You are even the council president of your university. Then why don't you want to join the politics now?" Lin asked.

Zhan kept silent as he knew whatever Lin said was true. But don't want to participate in politics as he thought that his father would control him. Besides, he wanted space his personal life. If he joined the politics then his life would have to be an open book to the public. He had to keep a facade to please his supporters. Moreover, the higher ministers and mafias would try to control him, wanted to make him their puppet. He didn't want that happened to him. He didn't like it if anyone tried to control him.

"Why are you silent now?" Lin asked while raising his eyebrow.

"I want to join business." Zhan said. Yes, he really wanted to join business and established his own business empire.

"Hey, I will join business." Said Xiao Cheng who was lazily sitting on the couch beside his mother.

"Yeah, A-Cheng will join the business and you will join the politics." Xiao Li said.

"Why can't I join business?" Zhan asked.

"We have decided from before that one of our sons will join business then other will join politics." Li said.

"Then ask Cheng to join politics." Zhan said.

"Cheng is not good in politics or take control on everything." Lin said.

"Then ask Lu jiejie. She is also your child." Zhan said.

"She is already a model and professional dancer. She doesn't have time for it." Li said and Zhan became irritated.

"Yeah, Zhan Zhan just do what mom and dad is saying." Said Xian Lu who was sitting beside on a single couch while playing with her phone.

"Why me? Why do you all always force me? You give freedom to your other two children but when it comes to me, you will force me to do whatever you want me to do. Sometimes, I doubt if I am your son or not." Zhan said as his eyes became teary.

"Xiao Zhan!" Lin and Li shouted in unison as they didn't expect Zhan to say something like that.

Zhan closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm down. He didn't want to cry in front of his parents who never tried to understand him or give him freedom.

"Fine. If you don't want me to join the business then I will start my own business. But I won't join politics." Zhan said and turned around to go upstairs.

"I accept you as a gay then why can't you just fullfil my only request?" Lin asked and Zhan stopped in his step.

Hearing Lin's words, Zhan became angry. He clenched his fist tightly. He knew he was gay. It's not his fault for his sexual orientation. He was glad that his parents, specially his father accepted him. But his parents couldn't emotional blackmail him with it.