chapter three

♫⋆。♪₊˚♬゚.

ꜱᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 4ᴛʜ 1976

*The focus of this chapter is Ida not Lyra*

THE REST OF the week had passed with Ida settling into her new job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) professor

THE REST OF the week had passed with Ida settling into her new job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) professor. It was the weekend, and she was out shopping with Mia. This past week had left the blonde woman nervous. Being a permanent resident in England brought its own dangers. Though her daughter looked so happy, she didn't have the heart to leave. Ida knew, however, that if he were to find out she was back, there would be questions—questions she could not answer without exposing that she had a daughter.

Thoughts ran through her mind, wondering if it would be better if she just told the man who had gotten her pregnant. He had power, more power than his wife, and always wanted a daughter. Currently, to his knowledge, he didn't have one. So, if he discovered he did, he would do everything to protect her. Right?

"Ida! Are you okay, dear? You look worried," Euphemia questioned the younger mother.

"Mia, I need to tell you something, and you have to swear to me you will tell no one," Ida replied sternly.

"I swear." Ida took them back to Potter Manor and sat her down on the couch.

"Okay, so I need you to listen and not interrupt until I'm finished." Mia only nodded. "So, 16 years ago, when I got pregnant with Lyra, I never told anyone who her father was. I need to tell you now, though, because he's here in England, and he's smart. He's bound to work it out sooner or later, and I need your advice. Should I tell him and get it over with?" Ida let out a breath, finally ready to get this off her chest.

"Yes, dear. No matter what, he is still her father. One question, though. Who is her father?"

Ida took a deep breath and told Mia the one thing she promised herself she would never say.

———

Sorry for the short update; I just wanted this chapter to happen.