Right in front of her, on the screen, was her employee data sheet. It had her profile picture, full name, phone number, home address, and even her emergency contacts (which was empty by the way).

"How-?"

"I own this place songbird. Ever heard of Stellaron Hunters? Thats the major company that I work at and manage. So its easy for me to look up any employees working at the stores that fall under the Stellaron Hunters chain."

She relented with an exhausted smile and handed his phone back.

"I still feel bad for all the money you're probably going to waste on this dress..."

"Then don't think about it and focus on looking good for me."

"What? I don't always look good?"

"I didn't say that."

Their banter continued until another customer came in, Blade then taking his leave before telling her to be ready by eight tomorrow night.

It was date.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
present time
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Dan Heng huffed when y/n explained everything that happened yesterday. This whole thing not sitting right with him as he tried to refrain from going to find Blade right then and there and lash out at the man.

Instead, he looked to y/n who was now stuffing her face with her lunch, a happy smile flitting across her lips.

"Well, just be careful. And if anything happens, just know that I'll be there too."

Her eyes widened as she swallowed the food her mouth, "you'll be there too?!"

He nodded, "you seem surprised."

"Well, Blade said that this soirée was for like really bug companies."

"Didn't I tell you I worked at one?"

"You did, but I didn't think they company you worked at was that big."

"You wound me, y/n."

And just like that, the tense atmosphere that Dan Heng unknowingly created had shifted back into something more friendly. Maybe it was because he had a new resolve in going to the soirée and making sure nothing happened to y/n while she's there..., and as lunch came to an end, y/n was just about to fish out her wallet. That was until Dan Heng beat her to it.

"Thank you both for eating with us this afternoon, I hope you have a great rest of the day."

Being handed back his card, y/n could only sit in a shocked silence before-

"You jerk! I said I would pay this time!"

Dan Heng gave her a rather clueless expression. His hand cupping his chin in mock thought, "you did? I can't seem to recall..."

"Why you..."

By this point they had already left the little restaurant and were on the sidewalk when she had lunged for him. Her arms wrapping around his neck as she wrestled with him. Now, it was obvious to her that he was much stronger than she was, but he still let her tackle him and even moved a little from the impact.

"You're so mean!"

"I'm mean? You're the one attacking me."

He straightened up his posture, but she didn't let go of him, so she was kind of just .. hanging there around his neck. Her feet dangling as her body pressed up against his. The two "glaring" at each other as their faces neared.

He wanted to kiss her, and he was just about to when his phone started ringing. An exasperated sigh that wanted to leave his lips was quickly diminished before it could escape. Y/n already letting go of his neck and dropped to the ground and before she could stumble, he had wrapped a hand around her waist to keep her close (and to make sure she didn't fall). Then with his free hand, he grabbed his phone from his pocket and scanned the caller id. His mood slightly dampening from who it was.

"Y/n-"

"Its alright! Must be an important call with how your face is scrunched up," she said with a snicker as she riggled out of his grasp.

"I'll see you later at the soirée, ok?"

"Yeah, see you."

She waved to him as she turned and skipped away in the direction of Stellaron Tailor. His lips pursing together as a smile threatened to invade his lips. He liked seeing her happy like this.

But then, his phone started ringing again.

His eyes locking back onto he caller id when y/n disappeared around a corner.

Jing Yuan.