𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

我们的家乡在黑暗中
"Our hometown's in the dark."

═══ஓ๑ ♫ ♡ ♫ ๑ஓ═══

8 years later

═══ஓ๑ ♫ ♡ ♫ ๑ஓ═══

After a year, Mai Chen could confirm that love existed

After eight years, Mai Gasly could confirm that love was real.

Truth be told, Mai considered herself a rather difficult person to love at times. She knew she was lucky to have someone like Pierre, who loved her no matter how many times she fainted or the fact they didn't go anywhere without a dog. To Pierre, it was nothing but to Mai, it meant the world.

Pierre haDn't exactly had a smooth ride being with Mai but he didn't mind.

Mai hadn't accepted his first proposal, terrified it was too quick after two years of being together. It was romantic and heartfelt but Mai knew she still needed time. She had never really wanted to get married at all but if it was something Pierre wanted, she was willing to at least think about it.

She'd accepted it the second time, on their fifth anniversary of being together. It had been on a beach in South France as the beach soon became Mai's favourite place to go as she adored the sand and calm waves.

Everything was just how it should be. Perfect. Perfect didn't mean no fighting, flawless adventures and a rich life. Perfect meant dealing with disagreements in the right way, knowing each other's boundaries, adventures together even if it was chaos and honesty.

"She's so cute," Pierre cooed as their five-year daughter ran around the garden.

"She is," Mai smiled. "She's growing up.

"How are you so chill about it?" Pierre questioned in a nervous manner. "I'm freaking out. What happens when she's a teenager—"

"I have a niece, I am used to it. We'll be okay."

Mai held her smile on her face as she watched Pierre run and pick up the girl in pigtails. An Italian little girl with a French father and a Singaporean mother.

Mai had gone through a lot to have her daughter. It wasn't a safe pregnancy Pierre watched her every day to make sure she was okay, with doctors monitoring her closely. She was grateful for her daughter, despite the fact she couldn't have any more children

They lived in Italy as it was the best option for both of them. Mai was used to and loved Italy while Pierre loved it and was close to France. They could both speak the language fluently so it worked out the best than having to choose where to move to.

Mai still played the piano every Saturday night and taught her classes at the school. Nothing would ever erase her love of music.

She hoped her daughter, Kaelynn Gasly, would grow to love it too because she wasn't sure she could handle a racer.

Life was not about plans of getting married, raising children and being perfect; life was about going with the flow and seeing where it took you. There was no end goal, everyone ended up in the same end position, it was about the journey.

Mai was happy with her's.

Thank you all for reading <3 I'm new to short stories but I loved this!