Chapter 1

"You look like the grinch that stole Christmas." 

The voice effectively steals her attention away from her laptop.  She doesn't even need to look up to find out that it's her bestfriend standing by the doorway of her office, but she does anyway. Sporting her usually scary glare, she almost shoos the blonde away, until the sight of those two venti Starbucks in her hands changes her mind.

Suddenly grateful, Lisa gets up with a relieved sigh and joins Rosé as the latter flops herself down onto her comfy office couch.  As soon as the blonde hands Lisa her favorite caffe misto, she doesn't miss a beat at gulping almost a quarter of its contents.

Rosé arches an eyebrow.

"Thirsty, aren't we?"

"I needed that caffeine boost.  Thanks, Rosie."  Lisa smiles at the blonde.

"What got you so worked up like that?" 

"I'm working on a merger." 

"Ah, the joys of corporate law."

Lisa grunts.  Barely three hours in and she already feels the strain in her shoulders and neck.  She's desperate for a massage.  Deciding to take a break for a few minutes, she places her coffee down the center table, leans her head back, closing her eyes.

Though she couldn't see her, she could feel Rosé's eyes trained on her.

"What?" 

"You disappeared yesterday.  What happened to you?" 

Truthfully, the blonde is a little mad that Lisa just vanished after their meeting with a client without so much of a word.  She also didn't show up for lunch where they agreed to meet, and Rosé is not a fan of being stood up.  Also, she got a little bit worried that Lisa did not even bother to let her know where she went, or if she was okay.

Yeah, Rosé is still pissed.

"I bought a ring." 

"You don't think you have enough?"  The blonde frowns.  Her bestfriend has a penchant for jewelries especially when it's Bulgari.  Lisa has a vast collection already and if she keeps buying those, she might just have to set up an intervention.

"I mean, I bought a ring."  Lisa opens her eyes to look at Rosé. 

Clueless, Rosé just stares back at her. 

Lisa's eyebrow furrows.

Rosé blinks.

And then, it hits her.  Her jaw drops.

"Noooo."

Finally.  Lisa rolls her eyes at her bestfriend.

"Yes."

Rosé stares in disbelief.

"Is this something you've been planning for a long time, or...?"

"Uhm, no, not really."  Lisa decides to take the honest route because for the life of her, she could never lie to her bestfriend.  Well, she could try.  But Rosé is so damn good at being a lawyer that she could call anyone's bullshit from a mile away.

Fortunately, she never has to face-off against her in court.  

The blonde lawyer looks astounded with the information.

"We saw that cheesy proposal in Central Park the other night and what, you suddenly got inspired and decided to propose?"

"Can't it be that maybe I just really want to get married?"