Disappearance

*James's POV*

I watched as my beautiful mate's body collapsed back on the bed. Panic consumed me. I yelled for the pack doctor through the link. He was in the room in a minute flat.

"What's wrong Alpha?"

I simply pointed to Lilly, too shaken up to speak.

He nodded and started examining her. His face grew grim as he paged the nurse. "Everyone else, out now. You too Alpha. You can wait in the other room."

I growled at him and shook my head. There was no way I was leaving her. He sighed in defeat and pointed towards the couch. "Then wait over there, and stay out of the way."

I walked towards the couch and sat down, my eyes never once leaving her. I watched as the doctor and nurses hooked her up to machine after machine. The doctor muttered a curse under his breath and shoved a tube down her throat.

"That will breathe for her. Her heart rate and blood pressure are already stabilizing, but I don't know how long she'll be out."

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She's in a coma. The machines are doing everything for her. You know she used the Moon Goddess's powers in the war, and I suspect she unknowingly did it again to transform the pups. Her body isn't designed to handle it. So, its shutting down. Though, hopefully with the machines helping so much, she'll recover."

"Isn't there something else we can do?"

"Your blood may help some, but honestly, I don't know Alpha. I've never had to treat anything remotely close to this before."

I fell to my knees and cried. Fuck looking weak! Fuck holding it all in! I let all my pain out. This was the love of my life, my reason for existing, my mate!

Sofia and Silas came in. The doctor told them everything, and we all cried together. The pups started crying then, and we knew we had to suck it up. We went and took care of the pups, and held them close.

We just had to take it all day by day, but I knew in my heart that she would be ok. She had to be. Sofia needed her. I needed her. The pups needed her.

I couldn't just sit here and do nothing, so I laid beside her and held her. I placed a few kisses on her head, shedding silent tears. I kissed her lips and whispered to her, "I love you Lillian. You're my everything. You have to fight this baby. You've overcame too much to let this stop you. Please, Lilly. Come back to me." I just stared at her, admiring her. Even with all the machines plugged into her, she was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

"I'm so sorry James." Sofia whispered from the door way. " I know how you feel. She's not my mate, but she is my sister. But, I know Lilly. She's a fighter. She'll be ok. You have to believe that, and so do I."

"I know. Thank you Sofie."

"You're welcome." She half smiled. "Now get up and come help me with your kids."

And, so I did.

__________________________________________

*Lilly's POV*

I couldn't see a thing, only darkness covered my vision. I felt as something slid down my throat. It was so much easier to breathe now.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard James ask.

"She's in a coma..." The doctor answered. He kept talking, but I couldn't make out any of it. Were they talking about me? I wasn't in a coma! I couldn't be!

I tried to move, and I couldn't. I wanted to scream out to them, but I couldn't. I tried to use the link, and I couldn't do that either.

"Its no use Lillian. We can't do anything. We have to wait for our body to heal." Sadie cooed to me.