Chapter 22

Chapter 22

- The next day -

- Third Person's POV -

"Morning, So Eun!" Someone greeted her as she opened her locker. She turned around and saw her best friend smiling and went to her locker. "You look happy today. Did anything happened?" So Eun asked her best friend who was still smiling even though she was taking her book out. "Hmm? Nothing." Min A simply relied and closed her locker.

Just when So Eun was about to close her locker, she saw Tae Hyung walking to where the two is. So, she closed her locker and faced him. "Morning, So Eun." He greeted her with a smile. "Morning." She smiled halfheartedly before continuing, "I thought you have schedule?" She looked at him.

"Is that how much you want to get rid of me?" He said with a sad face. "Ah-ani. I was just wondering since you didn't come to school yesterday." She said and fiddled her fingers. "We're only coming today and won't be here for the whole week. We won't come always too since we're having our comeback next week." He said, finally smiling.

She only nodded. "Let's go to class." Min A, who was still behind So Eun, suddenly voiced out. "Oh, yeah. Let's go." So Eun said and smiled at Min A. But she stopped walking when she felt someone holding her wrist. She turned and saw Tae Hyung looking at her. "Can we talk?" He asked, looking straight into her eyes. "I'll go ahead with Sung Jae." Min A said and ran to where he is.

And so, the two of them went to the rooftop garden and sat on the bench. "What do you want to say?" So Eun said, not looking at Tae Hyung. He waited for a while before finally speaking. "Have you thought about my confession?" He said and sighed. This time, So Eun looked at him and saw him looking at the floor.

Without knowing, she also sighed and looked back at the scenery. "There's another person who confessed to me too." She said, which made Tae Hyung looked at her. "And yet, I'm still confused about my own feelings." She said and sighed again. "To be honest,..." She stopped and look at Tae Hyung, who had been staring at her.

"...I feel more comfortable with him. I know I've known you for a year now, which is more longer than him but I can't see us being more than that. It's just that I think of you only as my brother. I cannot see us more than that. And what I mean is being in a relationship." She said, looking straight into his eyes. 

Tae Hyung then looked away and stared at the floor. "So it means that you're rejecting me?" He said. There was sadness in his tone which made So Eun felt guilty. "Geez, I'm trying to do this not in a heartbreaking way though." So Eun said and let out a small laugh. "Don't be sad. You're still the best friend that I ever had. Even though you always disturb me which annoys me a lot." She smiled.

Tae Hyung lifted his head and looked at So Eun. "You sure know how to do it in a not heartbreaking way." He said with a sarcastic tone. So Eun looked at him and hit his arm. "From now on, you're my best friend." She flashed her biggest smile to him. "Were we not best friends before? I thought we were." He said and pout. So Eun only laughed and hit him again.

"May I ask who's the one who makes you feel comfortable around him?" He asked, looking at the scenery. "Kyung Soo sunbae." She said and smiled.

- Jung Kook's POV -

As I arrived outside my class, our teacher was still not here yet. The two should be coming down now if they don't want to get into detention. Yeah, I just came back from the rooftop. I came down after hearing who is the one who confessed to her again. Somehow, upon hearing her rejecting V made me feel relieve but I also felt bad for him.

But how can she feel so ease around D.O sunbae when she just known him not so long ago. Even when I'm with her, I can still feel the awkwardness around us even though we've been friends for more than one year now. Maybe because we rarely talk, I guess? And so, I went in the class and sat on my seat.