✘ 29

A light shake was all it took and she was up

A light shake was all it took and she was up. Hyein could barely fall asleep that night, anxious to stand in front of a crowd, throwing her cap in the air.

Haechan greeted her with a gentle kiss to the forehead, whispering a congratulatory message as she smiled in reply.

That's right. It was graduation day.

Yujin came barging into the room, nagging the two of them to wake up and get ready. It was a big day after all.

Haechan groaned in annoyance as Hyein excitedly got out of bed, heading for the shower, but not without a teasing comment or two from the sleepy boy.

This was the day she had been waiting for. The day she honestly had never dreamed of until three years prior.

It was a huge accomplishment and a day that would stick with her for the rest of her life.

As she stepped out into the living room with her cap and gown placed neatly on her body, a round of confetti surrounded her along with a burst of cheers and congratulatory embraces.

“You're finally graduating, Noona!”, Jisung smiled the brightest of them all as he couldn't be any prouder.

“Yeah, could've been there with me, Ji.”, Jisung rolled his eyes, finding it quite annoying how she was still salty about it after all this time.

“Just be grateful that my job led you to the one person who makes you happy.”, he countered as she turned to face her soulmate, a soft smile tugging at his lips.

“You nervous?”, he asked as he approached. “A little.”, she smiled.

He threw his arm over her shoulders, placing a small, but tender kiss to her temple as a sign of affection. “I'll be cheering the loudest.”, he grinned.

She scowled at him before playfully smacking his chest, giving him a good laugh. “I'll pretend not to know you.”, she smirked.

Haechan let out a dramatic gasp, placing his right hand over his heart. “My love, you severed my soul.”, he sighed miserably, a pitiful expression on his face.

“God, Fullsun is showing.”, Hyein snickers, watching as his expression dropped into an annoyed one.

“Hey, I'm Lee Donghyuck today. Your soulmate and only love.”, he informed, nuzzling his face into her shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah. I get it.”, he rolled his eyes as Mark opened the front door, announcing their departure.

And so, they headed out to the school for Hwang Yumi, Min Taeri and Park Hyein's high school graduation.

The caps were thrown, Yumi's in particular having outshined the rest.

“God, it's blinding!”, Taeri complained, shielding her eyes as Yumi gathered her cap, placing it back on her head as the light reflected off the top of it.