Chapter 1

***BOOK 3 - This is NOT a "Ryden" story.

And on another note, I'm hoping to put more of Brendon's point of view in this book this time. I know several of you really enjoyed seeing how Brendon "thinks" in the situations given in the previous books. ***

"Hannah come on! I didn't mean any harm by it!" Brendon's voice echoed from behind me and I felt hot tears escaping my eyes and make their way down my cheeks. My breathing became unsteady as I reached the bottom of the stairs. It was a struggle to keep what I had for lunch down in my stomach, but I managed. "I told you I was sorry!"

"Sorry isnt good enough!" I quickly spin on my heel and glare at him. His chocolate brown eyes staring down at me. I had to struggle not to melt at the sight of them. He held out his hand sympathetically to me, but I couldn't help but to slap it away. "I don't care how much you feel bad, Brendon. You forgot our first anniversary. I can't just forgive you that easily."

"I'm not asking you to. Yes, I know I fucked up. I've had a lot on my mind recently, trust me. But that doesn't mean I don't love you any less." He took a step closer to me. His hand slowly reached up to my face and he wiped away a tear. "Let me make it up to you."

"There's no way to fix this Brendon." Once again I took a step away from him and slapped his hand away once more. My heart felt shattered. I just couldn't believe that he forgot one of the most important days between us. Yes, shit happened a year ago, but that doesn't change the fact that we are married. It doesn't change the fact that today is our anniversary. Especially since he pretty much had a count down to this very day.

"There has to be some way. Come on, please Hannah. I love you so much. I cant stand to see you like this." Brendon was a mess. His eyes got all foggy and his cheeks turned slightly pink as if he were flustered. But I couldn't let him win. Falling under the spell of his charm wasn't going to work. Not this time. I couldn't let it happen. But look at his face! You're breaking him! I don't care how he feels right now. You kinda have to. And you feel it deep down in your heart.

"It's too late for your apology." I ignore the voice in my head telling me otherwise. "I'm spending the night at Kat's place." Tears were still streaming down my face as I grabbed my car keys and walked over to the door.

"Hannah, please!" Before my hand could even come into contact with the doorknob, he gripped my shoulder tightly causing me to wince at the slight pain. "I'll do anything for you to forgive me. Anything." I look over my shoulder to see him struggling to keep back his own tears wanting to escape. It's not too late to give in. To fall into his arms. Go away, I don't need you right now. You know you wanna stay and let him entice you.

I placed my hand upon his, which was the one resting on my shoulder and I saw him smile slightly. My mind still couldn't take any of this tonight. One night is all I'm asking to clear my thoughts. Maybe then I'll be back and fall into his arms once again. But for now, I wouldn't do it. It's a loss for you tonight. Pushing his hand off my shoulder and turning away, I could tell how heartbroken he must be, and I didn't even have to take in a second glance. But I didn't want to turn back around to actually see his face. Stop breaking him. The voice in my head was getting stronger by the second. I really need to leave.

"Hannah, I feel terrible. Please stay. We can work things out." Brendon grabbed me and turned me around to face him once more. I turned my head to the side and squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to look at him. Not wanting to give in. It wasn't an option.

"I told you, I'm spending the night at Kat's house. Working things out isn't going to happen, not tonight." I swallowed hard and struggled out of his grip on my upper arms. But he just wouldn't let go. I scrunch my face up as I try to undo the hold he had on me.