the debut

i am about to go up on stage right now and i am only thinking about him. the guy who left me for my own good after being separated since we were kids.

the guy whom i promised with that we will share the same stage when we become musical artists. the guy who always comforted me and said that everything is going to be okay. the guy who was always there for me.

dear kim taehyung,

we were separated when we were kids. you were the best of all childhood friends i had. you used to be a trouble maker, but it was not that bad getting involved with you and your own pranks.

our second home was always in the detention.

we enjoyed skipping classes, playing, eating together and more. but when i heard you singing secretly, you told me not to tell anyone that you could actually sing as you thought that it was embarrassing.

do you remember? during that day was the day you asked me to make a promise with you.

"park hye rin, i usually do not say these kind of things but can you promise me one thing?"

"what is it?"

"i know that you can sing and you know that i can sing.. can you promise me that when we grow up, you will be a singer?"

"then what about you?"

"i will also be a singer!"

"alright, then promise me that on our debut, concert or comeback stage, we will share the same stage. okay?"

"mm. yaksok (promise)."

we locked our pinky fingers. i remember every single sentences you told me that day. we were just twelve years old and we made so many ridiculous promises. and sharing the same stage was the promise i could not keep.

we got separated after finishing our sixth year in elementary school as your family decided to move from jeju to seoul.

we met again when we were fourteen but you left me again as i did not want to leave you because i got scouted by an agency without you.

but when you left me, everything started to change again.

we both got scouted by different agencies and were reunited again during our training with the same location. we were then sixteen.

we were just trainees but we had our schedules tightly packed for trainings.

after seven years of training, we had learnt that our agencies were actually in war. both ceo's were enemies of all entertainments in the korean pop industry.

just by knowing that, we also got to realize that we cannot share the same stage.

i am going up on my debut stage.
i am truly sorry that we are not able to share this stage. but i hope that you are whispering to me right now that it is alright. i know that it is also your d-day. i hope that you are reading this letter before you go up on that stage. i wish you a good luck.

from,
park hye rin.